Zunerama logo   
News: Register to join Zunerama forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 09, 2012, 03:12:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to install Zune games on your player  (Read 108651 times)
newtech2008
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
Re: How to install Zune games on your player
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2008, 02:31:25 AM »

Please realize that games are available through a community technical preview of XNA Game Studio 3.0.

I suggest waiting until later this year when the process is streamlined for non-technical users if you do not understand what you are doing after reading the instructions on how to do so.

However, if you absolutely must, the following are my instructions for installing games on your Zune device:

online credit card processing upcoming bands
TylerHogan08
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 07:38:55 AM »

downloading xna 3.0 ctp and i get this webpage: http://search.microsoft.com/Results.aspx?qsc0=0&q=downloads+details+aspx+FamilyID+df4af56a+58a7+474c+bfd0+7cf8ed3036a3+DisplayLang+en&PageType=99&SearchBtn0.x=6&SearchBtn0.y=9&mkt=en-US&FORM=QBME2&l=2 and i have heard you  have to search for it in other languages because when i try to build a game it comes up saying it was built by a previous version and 3.0 ctp wont download or i cant find the right place to get it... on a side note i'm also trying to get the game package found on zuneboards but my firfox cant get the page up!!!!! please help me out! any info/help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!!!!!!!!! i have a red 80gb btw
Scubit
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 06:01:53 AM »

I was just curious...is putting games on the zune with the new 3.0 update the same as the old way only you download XNA 3.0 BETA instead of 3.0 CTP?

Squish8
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 09:15:37 AM »

I have the CPT BETA and I can't seem to find the "unload" button that they want me to click to edit the games for my zune 30. Can someone help me figure this out?
boychristmastree
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 10:43:05 PM »

why is the link for XNA Game Studio 3.0 not working anymore
CD-Rom
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 12:50:38 AM »

For those of you who have the problem connecting your Zune to XNA by getting this error message:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Could not connect to ''.  Make sure the device is connected to the computer and not busy syncing content.
   at Microsoft.Xna.RemoteServices.ZunePrimaryConnector.Connect(String hostId, Session session, Int32 millisecondTimeout, StringBuilder diagnosticBuilder)
   at Microsoft.Xna.RemoteServices.HostConnection.OpenPrimaryConnection(StringBuilder diagnosticBuilder)
   at Microsoft.Xna.RemoteServices.HostConnection.ConnectToHost(Int32 millisecondTimeout, StringBuilder diagnosticBuilder)

I have the solution. You get this when you use XNA Game Studio 3.0 (CTP). You need to go to "control panel", go to "programs", uninstall "XNA Game Studio 3.0 (CTP), download XNA Game Studio 3.0 (not CTP, used to be called Beta) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7D70D6ED-1EDD-4852-9883-9A33C0AD8FEE&displaylang=en, install it, and try to connect again.
LoveHateMachine
zune-ologist

Stronger Than Death

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2008, 09:20:16 PM »

I know this topic may be getting old but i cant seem to find a solution to my problem anywhere...It could be right in form of my face. I followed the steps, at step 5 when i got to "Add new device" in Visual C# i get a message saying "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"... Please help. Embarrassed

Nini
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 03:17:40 AM »

PLEEEZ HELP ME Embarrassed
im doin fine untill i get to the part that says deploy and then the name of the game. when i click deploy it dosent work and some errors pop up i'll put them below

Warning 1 The project file 'Collapse-Windows.csproj' appears to have been created with XNA Game Studio 3.0 CTP. For instructions on how to upgrade this project to work with the current version, copy and paste this link into your browser: Collapse-Windowshttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=1...

Warning 3 The referenced component 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework' could not be found.

Warning 4 The referenced component 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game' could not be found.

Warning 5 The referenced component 'mscorlib' could not be found.

Warning 6 The referenced component 'System' could not be found.

all that comes up and i dont know what to do. help me please. Embarrassed
Dwarf74
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 11:47:04 AM »

Ive gotten to the point right after ive got through downloading everything(or at least im pretty sure i did it right)

when im trying to add my zune to the list or watever, it says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

and  i cant connect my zune to Visual C# Sad

any1 know whats wrong?
dementeddoll
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2009, 06:31:47 PM »

mine says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" al;so. please help.
daveforman
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2009, 02:50:24 AM »

Apparently all the games in the list were created some time ago with XNA Game Studio 3.0 CTP. The current version is XNA Game Studio 3.0. There is a link that comes up when you try to deploy the game that tells you how to update it. It involves rewriting three lines of code. Unfortunately, the lines of code are not there. Has anyone figured out a workaround for this? Incidentally, one game has been re-written with 3.0, and is available on XNA, and that's Alien Game
muyoman
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »

ok, so  i have a 64 bit version of xp pro. i cant install the visual studio and thus the xna prob wont work. so based on what you said in your tutorial there is absolutely no way a person with 64 bit system can put games on their zune? if so that sucks really bad, ive heard of certain zune hacks oh dear god please let there be one for this! so i shut off firewall and anti-virus so they wouldnt interrupt visual studio install and it still didnt work, ive been messing around with it for over an hour now and it wont install, am i screwed, anybody know what i can do? Angry Angry Embarrassed Huh
thewebco
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 07:19:33 PM »

can games be played on the Zune 30g unit?
Meat Hook
zune dog

skimaskway101@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2009, 07:20:23 PM »

Quote from: thewebco on August 23, 2009, 07:19:33 PM
can games be played on the Zune 30g unit?
I'm sure if it has up to date firmware it could.

thewebco
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 09:03:27 PM »

can i install games on my zune 30g device its a couple of years old?

Will the process to install games become easier?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List