Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 29, 2011, 07:48:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video downloads now on Zune Marketplace! Seven things to know about Zune 2.5  (Read 8219 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Video downloads now on Zune Marketplace! Seven things to know about Zune 2.5
« on: May 05, 2008, 08:59:56 PM »

Tomorrow morning, Microsoft will release Zune 2.5 - a spring update to Zune software, player firmware, and Zune Marketplace.

We were able to view the update ahead of time... so without making you wait any longer, here are seven things to know about Zune 2.5.

1. Video downloads. About $2 per video, there are 800 television episodes on Marketplace, from NBC, Adult Swim, Anime, Comedy Central, MTV, MTV2, VH1, BET, Nickelodeon, and Ultimate Fighting.

2. Autoplaylists. Yep, they're back by popular demand.

3. Gapless Playback. It's here!

4. Metadata editing. It's fun again, with multiple track editing, right-click edit, album art copy/paste, "find album art", drag-and-drop updating, video metadata editing, and more. See the link below for more on this.

5. Social. There are significant updates to Zune's social networking features. See the link below for a summary.

And there are more significant updates. For screen shots and much more info, see our overview of Zune 2.5.

exmachina08
zune dog

View Profile
Re: Video downloads now on Zune Marketplace! Seven things to know about Zune 2.5
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »

Since Microsoft is working to integrate you zune tags as much as possible it would be nice to see that the videos I purchased on my 360 making it onto my Zune might be a ways away but that would be a good thing to have

JohnCz
zune commando

View Profile
Re: Video downloads now on Zune Marketplace! Seven things to know about Zune 2.5
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 09:48:55 PM »

With the exception of new Social connectivity, everything you listed is something I have needed at one point or another.  I can make use of the autoplaylists and gapless playback right away.  Thank you Zune team.

lenny
zune master

Who's Next

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 10:06:03 PM »

just when it almost flatlined. a ray of hope for zune.

i've got a chub.

Kempatsu
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 05:18:08 AM »

I promise to reply back. I just read this news and im TOTALLY stoked about this update. I hope all the Metatags will now work properly and such. I also like file size display. Thats always excellent.
rich3327
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 07:45:32 AM »

Quote from: lenny on May 05, 2008, 10:06:03 PM

i've got a chub.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, to much info too much info!

"I always laugh at my own jokes; that way there's always at least one person laughing!" - Me
Sw0rdf1sh
zune commando

Mmmmyesss?

sw0rdf1shX
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 08:58:10 AM »

Finally.  I can now tell Obi Wan that he is no longer my only hope.

Video to the marketplace....giggidy giggidy.

Thank you for my playlists too.  Someone out there does listen....

segadc
zune master

<o>

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »

Hopfully they will release a free episode just to test it out. Of course I would never buy it (since I got Tivo and Media Center) but still...

Endless
zune rockstar

I ♣ Seals!

thehorsmancometh@hotmail.com littlemonster114
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 10:49:21 AM »

Quote from: lenny on May 05, 2008, 10:06:03 PM

i've got a chub.

You're kidding me right? Well, this is the internet and there are a few people who get aroused by stuff like this.

Anyway, i agree with you. I am So 'effing happy. Too bad I don't have a Zune right now... in for repairs.

Quote from: Scott Fletcher of Unthinkability.com
Microsoft is always fashionably late to the party, but they always go home with the hot chicks
AIIZEE
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 11:21:11 AM »

Nice........................cant wait to go home and DL.

thanks MS

Angel SuareZ
A to Z, get it
Trastan
zune rockstar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 12:00:07 PM »

Sweet frick, when did this happen?! Shocked Well done, Zune team; it's about time!  Grin

Visit my portfolio.
typoink
zune rockstar

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 12:18:47 PM »

The funny thing is that I'm REALLY unlikely to download any of the videos from the marketplace (since I'm a TV on DVD junkie), but I'm glad to see them offered.  It's a nice "bullet point" feature to tout. 

And that there Adult Swim and BSG support is pretty darn nice.  Honestly, I might be tempted to bite the bullet and download the current BSG season, since my local cable's sci-fi feed is awful.  I hate being double-dipped...but I do love those shiny Cylons.  Just wish it was up in HD...
Edward L. Norton
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »

Re: Gapless playback:

.wma files are playing seamlessly but .mp3's still have small gaps.
gab0
zune trooper

w00t

hfarfan50@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 06:22:21 PM »

when playing songs on zune software and the zune software is minimized, the song name will appear in the windows taskbar along with the artist and album

feature working on windows xp sp3, dont know the rest...

check it out

http://gabo.vtrbandaancha.net/zunename.jpg

chilean zuner!
Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 06:45:13 PM »

The Podcast playback feature got improved....now we have playlist controls for video and audio podcasts. Nice.

I notice like the battery was improved...but it is hard to tell. And the volume got increased or my earing have improved.....

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List