Zunerama logo Speck - Zune accessories!  
News: Read the latest in our Zune blog

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 30, 2009, 03:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zunerama's Zune user survey  (Read 622 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Zunerama's Zune user survey
« on: April 11, 2008, 02:19:20 PM »

From our Zune blog:

Our survey of Zune users is at a close. I've gathered up the results and have them tucked under my arm for next week's MVP Summit.

The links below take you to each of the survey's categories. We received over 200 responses - thank you! 

• Zune V2, general Q&A
  • Zune software
  • Zune hardware
  • Zune Marketplace
  • Zune podcasting
  • Codec support
  • Zune games, XNA
  • Zune Pass
  • Zune social

In communicating the results with the Zune team, I'm reminded of Jander's DJ analogy. To paraphrase:

"Anytime you get a wishlist going, you’re going to get a lot of wishful thinking! Consumers want the world, while developers try to appease the most people, in a manageable time frame, and at a feasible price.

A personal example: I DJ professionally. During a dance, I get people coming up and asking for all sorts of music.

Most of the time they get this: "I'll see what I can do" or "Let me check if I have it" - which basically means "No".

It's “No” because, even though it may be a song they love, it has nothing to do with getting a group of people to dance.

As the guy playing the music, I have to make that choice. If I played everything everyone wanted it wouldn't be a dance, it would be a let's-pay-for-this-guy-to-play-music-while-we-all-talk. Which I would probably be fine with… but it's called a dance nonetheless.”

So, I head to Redmond in that spirit, trusting the Zune team to make their choices wisely… and to make us dance.

Ricardo Dawkins
zune rockstar

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
Re: Zunerama's Zune user survey
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »

Good luck...you will need it.

Black Zune 80 & Insignia Pilot 4GB + Zune Premium + AKG K26p + JVC HA-FX66 Blue -Air Cushion-. Zune 30 (sold)

NorCalAngler
zune commando

It's Mii!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 03:01:02 PM »

I hope they get me to dance, because right now I'm over at the punch bowl spiking it so I can forget about the fact they took features away with their latest "Upgrayedd."  The two D's are for a double-dose of pimpin.

tbird
zune rockstar

Just your average Zune 120 user!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »

Have fun! Bring us back a prize. Grin

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 03:13:10 PM »

^ I knew I was asking for it with the dancing analogy.

The Zune team impressed me with the leap from V1 to V2, and I'm looking forward to V3. I would though like to press for some serious software updates in-between now and the next player update.

Endless
zune rockstar

I ♣ Seals!

thehorsmancometh@hotmail.com littlemonster114
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 04:46:01 AM »

2.5 here we come. I hope that a lot of good comes of this. One little question, mainly because I am too lazy to look through the threads, was gapless playback addressed?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 04:47:41 AM by Endless » Logged

Quote from: thenumberdevil
The laws of Physics, Logic and Math will have to be violated before Xoom is cheerful ...
Quote from: Scott Fletcher of Unthinkability.com
Microsoft is always fashionably late to the party, but they always go home with the hot chicks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List