Zunerama logo Speck - Zune accessories!  
News: Have you seen our Zune Buyer's Guide?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 30, 2009, 03:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Countdown to MVP Summit: Topic 1 - Zune V2 (general feedback, Q&A)  (Read 606 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Countdown to MVP Summit: Topic 1 - Zune V2 (general feedback, Q&A)
« on: March 29, 2008, 10:23:11 AM »

As the MVP global summit nears - it's April 14-17 - I'm going to start several threads to gather our community's thoughts on different aspects of Zune.

I want to accurately represent the members of this forum, and our collective (although often differing) needs/desires/opinions.

To help organize myself, I'll start different MVP Summit threads on discussion areas that I expect to be involved in with the Zune team.

Note: I will be under NDA at the MVP summit, so will have to respect that in terms of what I can report back!

I welcome your thoughts. Thanks all..!

This topic: General feedback on Zune V2. And, simple questions for a Q&A with the Zune team.

rich3327
zune master

View Profile
Re: Countdown to MVP Summit: Topic 1 - Zune V2 (general feedback, Q&A)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 06:26:02 AM »

I am loving my 80 (after my battery problems with the first one). I love the originals site, but am worried about future warranty issues with my 80. Is there something they can do about sending random players back to people? I'd like to receive my original 80 back when/if I send it in (especially in case of my wife's 8GB, with custom inscription).

"I always laugh at my own jokes; that way there's always at least one person laughing!" - Me
JohnCz
zune commando

View Profile
Re: Countdown to MVP Summit: Topic 1 - Zune V2 (general feedback, Q&A)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 10:13:59 AM »

1. With products/services such as Windows Home Server, Live SkyDrive, Live Folders, etc becoming more prevalent for media storage...does the Zune team believe they have some work to do to enable new usage scenarios?  For example, today if you purchase Zune Marketplace content (with DRM), transfer that to Windows Home Server and then try to playback that content remotely from work..user runs into licensing issues.

2. Is there a concerted effort among all the Microsoft entertainment platform teams to identify & work together to minimize the barriers in transferring/accessing media?

3. Has the Zune team given any thought on creating a branded/common UI experience on Media Center and Windows Mobile?  For example, Apple has CoverFlow on Apple TV and iPod.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:42:35 AM by JohnCz » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List