Zunerama logo   
News: Check out the Zune FAQ

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2012, 07:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Troubleshooting help  (Read 23426 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Troubleshooting help
« on: November 18, 2006, 12:25:26 PM »

If you need to troubleshoot problems on your Zune, here are some ways to get help:

1. Try a reboot, reformat, or a re-initialization of your player. Here's how.

2. Use the Help info in the Zune software on your PC (press F1, or Options->Help->Zune Help)

You'll see an online user manual, with TOC and searchable index.

3. Troubleshooting online (Options->Help->Troubleshooting online)

This is a web-based troubleshooting service, for Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Accessories.

4. You can download Zune manuals if you need to. They're available at http://www.zune.net/en-us/support/resources/downloadmanuals.htm

5. Browse this forum for others who may have encountered similar problems, and how they were resolved.

6. Post a description of your problem in this forum. Our members may be able to help, and can steer you to troubleshooting threads that can help.

7. Call the Zune help desk at 1-877-GET-ZUNE (438-9863).

It's open 7 days/week, from 6am to 10pm PST

8. Our Zune FAQ (http://www.zunerama.com/zune-faq/faq.php) may also be of help. It's not troubleshooting-oriented, but we will be expanding it to include answers to common troubleshooting questions.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:39:48 AM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged

zbroszczyk
lil zuner

View Profile Email
Re: Troubleshooting help
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:06:39 PM »

that helped alot.thanks!!!
Diablo
lil zuner

dongxuxiii@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 11:36:53 PM »

Very useful! Grin thanks

Money is not everything. There’s Mastercard & Visa.
DVD to Zune Converter
sohel08
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
Troubleshooting help
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 10:41:15 AM »

ust a (quick) note: it's not because a word in one language is male that it's also male in other languages.
And now you have a difficulty with English vs. Spanish: English is a West Germanic Language and Spanish is a Romanic language. So it's not a very good arguement.

Videogiochi per la wii Ballys Atlantic City
happy126
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 05:22:32 AM »

Go to Device. Select the music, video or picture text. Select the media and press the Del key on your keyboard.

Name Badge plastische chirurgie
grangenio
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 04:06:06 PM »

The matter of the new Zune Software update sounds good, because the new vesion relased yesterday promises to allow play games (two included), a clock, and buy the radioFM boradcasted music, but today, when we try  to update the 2.5 to the 3.0 version, either the 80gb and the 30 gb ones, on different WinXPPro SP2, we hada an error message C00D11CD with three possible variants (8000FFFF), (80190197) or (80072EDF), of course, we havenīt yet find information about this issue
Gary
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 07:51:20 AM »

Thanks for the tip. My Zune froze on me last night and I couldn't get it back on. No picture, no sound.

I found the Zune help site and followed the directions for "Resetting or Restoring Your Device".

What a relief when it worked.
badmoonrisen2
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 07:22:23 PM »

Major problems after trying to upgrade. My son has a 80 Zune and I have an 8. Sunday I downloaded the upgrade and ran it on mine and it worked fine. Then I hooked my son's up and it started the upgrade but just sit there for 1 hour and never did anything. I finally had to unplug it and shut the computer down. No his Zune will do nothing , want come on, battery was fully charged. It will do nothing, and my Zune icon on my desktop where I go to get to all my songs, marketplace, ect.. will not open, and says there has been an error with Zune and wants to send a report. Help, that is where all our songs were stored from CD's ? Help???
marschall47
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 05:33:58 AM »

Sorry everyone. After all this time, I should have known the correct spelling of Zune in my last post. However I spell it, same problems.
jamies
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »

After reformating the Zune it tells you to connect it to the pc and download the firmware. I tried doing this and it gives me a error message saying that the device doesn't have enought space and to delete some files. What i don't understand is that there should be more then enough space on the Zune because when you reformat it, it deletes everything on the hard drive. Has anyone else had this problem? Know any way to fix it? Huh Huh
dacher28
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »

I am new to Zune and not real sure if there is a fix for my problem or if it is just a defective unit. I don't get both channels on obvious stereo mp3's. I have tried to delete the file and re-sync but the same thing happens. It seems like I am only getting the right channel instead of both, however I can hear out of both earbuds. Can someone help? thanx
David12
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 12:04:15 AM »

New Zune Software shape up sounds good, because the numerous version released yesterday promises to remit power games two included. Thank you for your Tips. Smiley

Choose from a range of mcdba certification related services.
smithdenial
zune n00bie

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 02:01:53 AM »

- This forum is just superb, i had been looking for this kind of forum for a long time.
Regards

home facial peel|hcg 500|breast augmentation houston|breast augmentation denver
xXK1NGSXx
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 11:45:46 PM »

hello

I'm new here and have had some problems with my 30gb zune, the first problem was it was always locked, thats fixed but my new issue is that is that the battery doesnt seem to charge, I had it hooked up to a usb port all night and still did not work, it doesnt even reset.or for that matter it doesnt even turn on when you connect it.  is here something I can do to fix this problem??? If so please let me know, hope someone knows about this or at least points me in the right direction.
JSP62
zune commando

jspark62 jplicks79
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 04:59:56 AM »

Quote from: xXK1NGSXx on October 12, 2010, 11:45:46 PM
hello

I'm new here and have had some problems with my 30gb zune, the first problem was it was always locked, thats fixed but my new issue is that is that the battery doesnt seem to charge, I had it hooked up to a usb port all night and still did not work, it doesnt even reset.or for that matter it doesnt even turn on when you connect it.  is here something I can do to fix this problem??? If so please let me know, hope someone knows about this or at least points me in the right direction.

Try these troubleshooting steps:
- try another port
- try another computer
- try another cable
- when plugged in, go to device manager and determine what it shows on the USB port.  Most likely it will give an unrecognized (!) icon.  Uninstall, unplug and plug back in.  Hopefully Plug-n-Play will recognize
- uninstall Zune software and reinstall

Good luck and report back the results.

MMP / DAPs:
Zune30, 80 ; Sansa e280, e250 ; Sony VGFAP1L, MZ-NF610, (2) MZ-R37, MZ-R70, WM-FX33 ; iPod Nano [SOLD!]
HOW A QUESTION THE RIGHT WAY
POSTING AND YOU
davidneal
zune n00bie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 11:43:48 PM »

Very Helpful post. But I am still having problem to install it. Where can I get detailed installation instructions?

red cross cna classes
free cna classes
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List