Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2007, 05:35:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: New Zunes @ NYC Event: What I found out « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: New Zunes @ NYC Event: What I found out  (Read 802 times)
JIGGY24
zune commando

View Profile
Re: New Zunes @ NYC Event: What I found out
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 09:10:08 AM »

Quote from: Heatwave316 on October 19, 2007, 09:02:13 AM
Did Cesear happen to mention if we would be seeing the Zune80 in new colors anytime soon?

Yes we did, and he said "ONLY BLACK" he sounded like they wouldn't make another color for it the Zune 80, even if it sold 10million Zune 80 , they still wont make another color, lol.
pinksage
zune trooper

intricate_wisdom@hotmail.com mzsaqe
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 09:13:15 AM »

I though it was planned fore more colors down the line, not sure though.

http://generationzune.net
http://theblueskittle.com

Ricardo Dawkins
zune master

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 09:16:23 AM »

How will I make a rating based auto-playlist with a heart and a broken heart ?
that is stupid...the star settings was better...Sad

JIGGY24
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 09:20:48 AM »

Quote from: pinksage on October 19, 2007, 09:13:15 AM
I though it was planned fore more colors down the line, not sure though.

yeah i'm sure well see more colors later, too. they probably waiting see hoew it going to sell first in Nov.

Quote from: Ricardo Dawkins on October 19, 2007, 09:16:23 AM

Yes i think it really silly too. I think they need to have you choose what rating system you want to use.
thenumberdevil
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »

Quote from: Ricardo Dawkins on October 19, 2007, 09:16:23 AM

If this is the only rating system on the new Zunes ... they should be ashamed. Remving features like that is utterly dumb and stupid and breaks backward compatibility ...
djricorich
zune trooper

Soldado De LA Roca

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 09:31:54 AM »

Quote from: JIGGY24 on October 19, 2007, 08:44:43 AM
I was at the event too in t NYC with Ceasar. from ZuneInsider. I thought i was was the only one there from the Zunerama. Anyway jaxim did a nice review already so i wont have to write to much. Once we were there we Cesar only had the Flash zunes and not the ZUNE 80!!!.

We where all disappointed by that. I cam from NJ just to test out the Zune 80. Ceasar said his friend had it that wasnt at the event. But, 2 hours later his friend came by and gave him his Zune 80 back with the Batter dead. Good thing I had had my charge and cord with me. We wasn't able to find a outlet but i just used Ceasar laptop to charge the Zune 80. Smiley

Zune4/8

This Zunes are very cool!! The Gui is very Fast, the Zune pad is very responsive. The screen is jsut gorgous, and i know alot of people was company thats its .2 inch smaller then the ipod nano. I thought that I wouldn't like the black boarder that the Zune 4/8 has. But it was weird Becuse, once you srat playing with the Zune you dont even notice the black boarder. The screen is very sharp and clear.

Zune 80

WOW, the GUI is very fast the and Zune pad works outstanding as well. The new firmware is very nice, you will notive that the album art is just a little bigger on the new firmware. It doesnt have gaps in between the albums like our ZUNE 30 has now. Also, when you are in the albums section and you click on a album, you can see the album arts of the albums on the top of screen of and the Zune 30 you would only see the name of the album on the top of screen.

The screen was bright, but I didn't like that i was able to see the pixels more. Still has 65k colors too.

ZMP

The new ZMP is very NICE, Simple, and has a nice split screen when you are looking for albums that you have and albums on the podcast. Personally I think they did a really nice job with the the ZMP and i cant wait to check it out on Nov 13 Smiley

Overall I think the new Zunes are kick ass. I dont know if they are as durable as the first Zunes. Because the red flash zune has a glossy finsh, that shows your finger prints. Also put glass screen you have to clean more to keep it clean.

very cool i cant wait to try out on my own

Dj RicoRich Baby!!
Un Soldado De LA Roca!!!!!
Laike
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 11:25:54 AM »

was anyone able to beg out some information about Zune releases for us canucks or other international people? Or are we all still trapped with eBay?

I'm very hpapy to hear that the Zune 80 gui's are quick. The Coverflow incident was one of my major hinge poitns that is making me give the zune 80 a huge chance at raiding my wallet.
Heatwave316
zune trooper

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »

Quote from: JIGGY24 on October 19, 2007, 09:10:08 AM
Quote from: Heatwave316 on October 19, 2007, 09:02:13 AM
Did Cesear happen to mention if we would be seeing the Zune80 in new colors anytime soon?

Yes we did, and he said "ONLY BLACK" he sounded like they wouldn't make another color for it the Zune 80, even if it sold 10million Zune 80 , they still wont make another color, lol.

Wow...that's a pretty serious 'non'...maybe if we had a hunger strike wanting more colors, they would consider it..... Grin
tomjennings83
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 01:40:34 PM »

wow new zunes how exciting i can hardly catch my breath.
Vipralion
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 02:53:03 PM »

I give the new rating system a Broken Heart (Hate It). Haha! Did you, did you see what I did there? I am the oh so clever!

I suppose that when they wanted to move ZMP away from being just a WMP11 clone, they really meant it and are going all out.

So hopefully, the new ZMP will be as quick and responsive (if not more so) than WMP11 so that I can use it as my media player of choice when it comes to PC.

Zune Pad ftw!

At least my Zune 30 is black AND blue.

Topher
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 05:08:53 PM »

It is so frustrating that they won't include crossfading, it makes no sense.  I'm content with everything else though.  I look foward to getting my Zune 80 next month.
MrJoe
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 08:23:32 PM »

I'm sure some of these features will be hacked into the new Zune user interface.  However, it seems like Microsoft is dropping the ball by neglecting to add some of these features on their own.  Maybe they will pick up the slack in a firmware update?

"Why, a four-year-old child could understand this.  Someone get me a four-year-old child."

-Groucho Marx
jaxim
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 09:34:41 PM »

>It is so frustrating that they won't include crossfading, it makes no sense. 

If the Zune had this feature, it would totally rock!

But I give the Zune team some latitude. Not only did they have to make changes to the new Zune firmware and design the new Zunes, but they also had to improve the Zune Desktop software. That's a lot of changes. And from talking with Caesar the other evening, I got the impression that the Zune team is STILL wrapping up the changes on the new Zune desktop software.

But hopefully going forward, the Zune team will listen to the community and start to issue firmware updates with more features and more frequently. (And I hope crossfading is one of the features that is included in one of the first firmware updates.)
Kaiser
zune master

Dance Infinitum!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »

Heart or broken heart? >.<'

Why not just have happy faces and Jolly Rogers. At least it would look cool (only if the songs suck, which would get a Jolly Roger each)

"So, Scientology, you win THIS round, but the million-year battle for the Earth has just begun!" - Trey Parker & Matt Stone
bunnybash
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 10:31:16 PM »

Hmm still only 65k colours on the screen... you almost gotta wonder if the zune dev team, have watched a video on their zunes...

I really don't understand why they wouldn't add more colours....

I do love the new zunes, but the strange thing is that there seems to be some really simple things in there that MSFT are just ignoring, hoping that if they ignore it, we will too!!

1.  A clock, not a must have, but so simple that surely it wouldn't take more than 2 hours coding...

2.  Gapless, not a must have, but also it cannot be that hard...

3.  More colours on that huge screen... not sure why they wouldn't add more colours... every other device out there has more!!  Once again, not that hard, and the cpu in the player is a beast too... so hmm

just not sure why MSFT would make some of the decisions they make!  Do not get my wrong I love the changes they have made, and love my device as is anyways, but just trying to understand what i going on sometimes is really hard!

<p><div style="font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:11px;">Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping</p></div>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: New Zunes @ NYC Event: What I found out « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans