Zunerama logo Zune HD  
News: Find Zune accessories

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 09, 2012, 02:52:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford sells pink 30GB Zune and donates a 100% to breast Cancer research  (Read 6211 times)
Bond007
zune master

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2007, 05:03:30 PM »

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/18/ford-sells-pink-30gb-first-gen-zune-donates-100-to-breast-canc/

Is this breast cancer week, month, or something because I have been hearing about breast cancer today especially on a couple radio stations.

Today I thought I was feeling the signs of breast cancer and that I may have caught it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:05:23 PM by Bond007 » Logged

djricorich
zune commando

Soldado De LA Roca

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 05:39:38 PM »

Good product for a good cause makes a lot of sense my aunt died of this i encourage many to spread the news on this article i know i will thanks bond

Heatwave316
zune commando

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 05:40:49 PM »

I believe it is breast cancer awareness month.

I think that its great that Ford and MS are doing this.  Its a wonderful charity!!!

They should have done it with the Zune 2.....
Bond007
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 06:01:25 PM »

I believe it is breast cancer awareness month.

I think that its great that Ford and MS are doing this.  Its a wonderful charity!!!

They should have done it with the Zune 2.....

Absolutely agree, but what bothers me is that they are selling the old Pink 30GB Zunes for the full $249 retail price when Zune was first released. You can now get it for cheaper.  Besides that it is a good thing they are doing and Apple does something similar, but all the profits don't go to the cause, so big ups to Microsoft and Ford.

djricorich
zune commando

Soldado De LA Roca

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 06:13:28 PM »

i myself think its a smart idea to have it use the old ones still because the old zune 30s will be using the new ui. and also the 249 price tag will make buyers see a 199 pink zune and say if i donate 50 more bucks i can have a 100% donated to breast cancer zune. What would be even smarter though would be to implement this fundraiser into the new zunes. like using the pink 4g or 8g idk my opnion

Heatwave316
zune commando

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 06:13:02 AM »

i myself think its a smart idea to have it use the old ones still because the old zune 30s will be using the new ui. and also the 249 price tag will make buyers see a 199 pink zune and say if i donate 50 more bucks i can have a 100% donated to breast cancer zune. What would be even smarter though would be to implement this fundraiser into the new zunes. like using the pink 4g or 8g idk my opnion

Using the current pink Zune 2 flashes is a great idea!!!

I was guessing they stuck with the original price so they could raise extra money.  I know if I had the cash, I definitely wouldn't mind dropping an extra $50, most people have or know someone in their life was has been affected by this disease.
Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 06:56:31 AM »

BTW, it looks quite GOOD! I can show that pink Zune quite proudly w/o felling less manly. great work.

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

djricorich
zune commando

Soldado De LA Roca

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 10:36:07 AM »

BTW, it looks quite GOOD! I can show that pink Zune quite proudly w/o felling less manly. great work.

lol for real i would rock it too but maybe just at home  or maybe to match my pink speedo at the beach jk

JIGGY24
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 10:47:58 AM »

lol for real i would rock it too but maybe just at home  or maybe to match my pink speedo at the beach jk

Showing you ture colors, lol PInk speedos, lol
AK Water
zune rockstar

Zune + iPod Owner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »

Microsoft and Ford make me proud to be American. 

Halliburton doesn't... Wink

Zune 30GB Brown | iPod 15GB (3rd Generation)
earbuds: Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating
Also in the household: Zune 120 and Zune 30 (Both Black)
Laike
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 12:19:26 PM »

That is a great shade of pink. I'm ok with the 50 dollar mark up, considering all of it is going to breast cancer research. Much better than the measley 10 dollars a certain fruit based company donates to AIDS research. Maybe this will embaress the heck out of them to up the ante.

+1 for the I'll stop kissing girls if Zune Marketplace stops suggesting the song club
AK Water
zune rockstar

Zune + iPod Owner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 12:21:40 PM »

Remember this isn't 100% of the profits...it's 100% of the $250...so Microsoft/Ford loose money!!!  Every single penny of that $250 goes to breast cancer research.

Zune 30GB Brown | iPod 15GB (3rd Generation)
earbuds: Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating
Also in the household: Zune 120 and Zune 30 (Both Black)
Bond007
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 12:53:47 PM »

Remember this isn't 100% of the profits...it's 100% of the $250...so Microsoft/Ford loose money!!!  Every single penny of that $250 goes to breast cancer research.

Just playing devils advocate. What if Microsoft planned to lose money when they teamed up with for for this great cause?  Maybe Microsoft does not care about breast cancer research and just teamed up with Ford to sell these limited edition Zunes for a good cause so they can clear inventory for the new Zunes.  In other words this is just a publicity stunt to clear inventory for Zune 2 and lure new costumers.  They could be charging $250 for refurbished Zunes or new Zunes updated with special preloaded Ford content and consumers would never know.  Once all of these Zunes are sold Microsoft accomplishes the goal of Zune inventory cleared and Ford gets their advertising fix.

thenumberdevil
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 01:30:01 PM »

Just playing devils advocate. What if Microsoft planned to lose money when they teamed up with for for this great cause?  Maybe Microsoft does not care about breast cancer research and just teamed up with Ford to sell these limited edition Zunes for a good cause so they can clear inventory for the new Zunes.  In other words this is just a publicity stunt to clear inventory for Zune 2 and lure new costumers.  They could be charging $250 for refurbished Zunes or new Zunes updated with special preloaded Ford content and consumers would never know.  Once all of these Zunes are sold Microsoft accomplishes the goal of Zune inventory cleared and Ford gets their advertising fix.

Don't play devil's advocate ... it's not a publicity stunt! That's really a drop in the swimming pool for Microsoft!

Laike
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 01:15:10 PM »

Might be possible, but what ever the method to the madness or sinister inetnd, it's still 250 dollars to breast cancer research. Although I'm curious if some of this money is being used to fund mammograms. I know in Canada they are covered, but in the States, it's a whole different ball of wax...

+1 for the I'll stop kissing girls if Zune Marketplace stops suggesting the song club
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List