Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2007, 05:34:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: New Zune Display at Target. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: New Zune Display at Target.  (Read 587 times)
MrJoe
zune trooper

View Profile
Re: New Zune Display at Target.
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 08:16:46 PM »

I'm sure Microsoft rounded up the storage space.  Rounding 900 to 1000 would be less acceptable than rounding 1900 to 2000.  However, I'm sure there is some space partitioned on the hard drive for operation of the unit.

"Why, a four-year-old child could understand this.  Someone get me a four-year-old child."

-Groucho Marx
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »

Blogged it.

Thanks, Palmer, and Dwain77.

thenumberdevil
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Today at 04:31:05 AM »

Quote from: Palmer Deville on October 19, 2007, 04:00:25 PM
Quote from: thenumberdevil on October 19, 2007, 09:21:20 AM

Are you kidding me?
    -Don't use a device for a purpose it is not well suited for.
    -I would use it an emergency to save a dozen dozen pictures. Beyond that it's really bad idea ...

I have never wanted to carry so many photos with me. If I did I would rather use a very fast external drive [cheaper, faster and more reliable]. If I didn't have space for a external drive I would put them on my laptop but *never* on a media player ... what a waste of time!

I need to call my mom and tell her to remove the 4000+ photos from her 60GB iPod and she really needs to take back that iPod camera connector she uses on trips... Cause it definitely wasn't designed to store her camera's native photos.  Roll Eyes

That method of transfer is so slow and painful to use! I can't believe you use that ... I returned mine after just 1 day of use.

Using the camera cable to transfer between the camera and the iPod is double extra slow ... and really uses up battery at both the camera and the iPod end. So now you have to charge two devices. You then have to do another slow transfer when you get home ...
« Last Edit: Today at 04:39:25 AM by thenumberdevil » Logged
thenumberdevil
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Today at 04:36:44 AM »

Quote from: Kaiser on October 19, 2007, 07:11:31 PM
Quote from: thenumberdevil on October 19, 2007, 09:21:20 AM
Quote from: Palmer Deville on October 19, 2007, 07:43:27 AM
However, on the iPod you could store 10,000+ 12MB photos on the hard drive for transporting which would be slightly faster and easier than copying those photos to 32 DVDs.

Are you kidding me?
    -Don't use a device for a purpose it is not well suited for.
    -I would use it an emergency to save a dozen dozen pictures. Beyond that it's really bad idea ...

I have never wanted to carry so many photos with me. If I did I would rather use a very fast external drive [cheaper, faster and more reliable]. If I didn't have space for a external drive I would put them on my laptop but *never* on a media player ... what a waste of time!

And why, pray tell, is it poorly suited for it? I have been doing this for years with nary an issue. Either method runs the risk of a drive failure. It's actually cheaper to do it with the PMP, because I'm going to have the PMP anyway, and it's nice to have that feature. It's a nice way to make quick transfers to other computers as well (if you don't have a flash key on hand).

Because ... the PMP drive is slow as a sloth. If you take any decent amount of pictures it is not worth the effort. For a dozen photos in an emergency it might be acceptable ... beyond that I would rather keep it on my 4GB memory card.

It is so much faster to use USB memory card readers to download to your laptop.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: New Zune Display at Target. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans