Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2007, 12:05:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Zune Hacks and Mods (Moderators: pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Hack: Vista 64 - convert and sync more video types to Zune players « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hack: Vista 64 - convert and sync more video types to Zune players  (Read 101 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Hack: Vista 64 - convert and sync more video types to Zune players
« on: October 12, 2007, 04:42:31 PM »

A registry hack has existed for a while to enable Zune software to convert more types of video, audio, and image formats.

That hack, though, has not worked with the Vista 64-bit edition of Windows. Relief is at hand today, though, thanks to some registry tweaking guidance from infrastructure architect Jef Kazimer.

Jef notes that the Vista 64 uses a different location for key registry settings and files. He points out where to find those locations and how to do the proper string replacements in the registry.

As with all registry hacks: proceed with caution.

jaxim
zune dog

View Profile Email
Re: Hack: Vista 64 - convert and sync more video types to Zune players
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 05:18:26 PM »

I didn't know about this hack or else I would have jumped on it right away. But I think I'm going to wait a month to get the next firmware update before trying ahack like this. Who knows? Maybe the next firmware update will suit my needs.
Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Zune Hacks and Mods (Moderators: pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Hack: Vista 64 - convert and sync more video types to Zune players « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans