Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2007, 12:09:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zune2 vs XBox360: Who's the better sophomore? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: Zune2 vs XBox360: Who's the better sophomore?
XBox360   -20 (76.9%)
Zune2   -6 (23.1%)
Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: Zune2 vs XBox360: Who's the better sophomore?  (Read 346 times)
Smithy
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 12:10:33 PM »

In another funny development, the launch of the 360 Elite In Japan, has sent 360 sales ranking on Amazon shooting up by 1,208%  to a year high of # 23, on Amazon, higher then even the PS3 after thier price cut, and higher than the Wii.  Halo 3 at # 1 in Japan last week, and now this. Not bad for a console that "has failed" in Japan

http://amazon.co.jp/gp/movers-and-shakers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_mte/503-1048512-4343902

Worth nothing that the Elite is elling for  ¥65,000, while the 60GB PS3 sells at a lower price of  ¥54,980.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 01:44:20 PM by Smithy » Logged
Trastan
zune commando

Find me on XBox Live!

animasaki@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 12:47:23 PM »

Interesting, Jander. You took flamebait, and as a mod, no less. And you responded with pro-Sony comments while covering it up with the typical, "Personally, I like all three consoles in their own way. Arguing for just one or the other is...foolish when you're missing out on so many good things across the board," response. You talked specs when you aren't a game developer, have no inside info aside from what game journalists tell you from interviews with developers, and insist on pretending that you understand what different gaming hardware means to different developers.

I've heard both your and Smithy's arguments many times before, on many different forums. Both sides have seemingly irrefutable evidence to support their hardware, and neither will admit to bias. There's no way that I, nor any of us outside of direct gaming development, could possibly decide which is the console with more potential, and you're all foolish for thinking that you can. If you want talk about services, about cold facts with regards to what each console has, both now and in the future, then we've got a good discussion. But what you guys are doing (and this is to say nothing of Niklaren) won't accomplish anything. It's all theory and speculation, and neither side has a leg to stand on.

I'm disappointed.

Oh, right, Zune discussion... uhm... yeah Zune! Woo!

Jander
zune rockstar

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
Re: Zune2 vs XBox360: Who's the better sophomore?
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 05:18:04 PM »

Sorry Tras, I didn't mean to come off as doggedly argumentative, just tried to be informative. I thought Smithy's response reflected that.  Sad Overall I think the both of us like to keep a close eye on the video game industry, along with the fact we also enjoy a well known little DAP around these parts when we're out and about.

To Smithy: It'll be cool to see how things play out over the years eh? Wink

"The features of Zune are better than iPod for many people. The features of iPod are better than Zune for many people. We're debating over preference - something any two people may see differently."
-Palmer Deville
Trastan
zune commando

Find me on XBox Live!

animasaki@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 06:30:51 PM »

Ahh, I apologize; I overreacted. I guess I've just seen too much of that kind of talk floating on the internet, and I don't want to see it hurting the largely mature, open discussions that I find on Zunerama. This is a great forum, though it is one that, by definition, could be a breeding ground for platform (be it DAP or otherwise) bias, and I was probably more on the defensive than I should have been due to that. Ah well.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zune2 vs XBox360: Who's the better sophomore? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans