Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2007, 05:44:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Not Zune-Related  |  Digital Media Player board (Moderator: nymbis)  |  Topic: iPhone review - thestreet.com « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: iPhone review - thestreet.com  (Read 21 times)
thenumberdevil
zune commando

View Profile
iPhone review - thestreet.com
« on: October 10, 2007, 08:41:09 AM »

I've opined on the iPhone as a very good iPod but a very poor smart-phone (I won't even call it smart at all). Here's a review from a old Treo user:
Doug Kass of thestreet.com

Lowlights: (that others have not written much about)
-While the keypad is large and easily usable, it's near impossible to use with one hand. (I would have preferred the styli capability I had on my Treo.)
-The frequent use of the keyboard on the face of the iPhone leads to a lot of smudging. The keyboard can't be displayed horizontally -- only vertically -- and the punctuation marks are in a secondary keyboard, which is a hassle.
-The weakest functionalities on the iPhone are the email applications: Most important, as a frequent emailer, the email deletion function is seriously flawed ... I can only delete one at a time. Moreover, there is no BCC, no "mark all/selected" as read, no empty trash option, no spell check, messages on IMAP cannot be marked as read, and there is no "retrieve all" messages option.
Palmer Deville
zune master

The White Stripes

View Profile WWW Email
Re: iPhone review - thestreet.com
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 09:41:39 PM »

I'm confused. Doesn't using a styli require two hands? Also, I type fine with one hand. My wife cannot. I type fast with two fingers on one hand (index for left half, middle finger for right half.)  And I type really fast with two thumbs - preferred method.

I almost never notice smudges until I put the iPhone to sleep (black screen).

The horizontal keyboard sucks - the viewing area becomes too small and long and the keys are too far apart. If I type a post on Zunerama, I turn my iPhone upright (portrait) even if I was viewing landscape - the vertical keyboard is that much better (to me).

I completely agree with the punctuation problem. I submitted it to Apple as a bug - with a pretty decent solution.

I completely agree with every aspect of the email. Though I do all my deleting once I get back to the Mac and I'm not a big mark as unread person.

The no BCC is my biggest complaint - BCC is completely necessary to be polite when sending a "bulk" email.

I call 'em like I see 'em - so sue me.
Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Not Zune-Related  |  Digital Media Player board (Moderator: nymbis)  |  Topic: iPhone review - thestreet.com « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans