Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2007, 05:34:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zune 80 in the Top 5 of CNET's Most Wanted Products List (Updated) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Zune 80 in the Top 5 of CNET's Most Wanted Products List (Updated)  (Read 983 times)
Jander
zune rockstar

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
Re: Zune 80 in the Top 5 of CNET's Most Wanted Products List (Updated)
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 10:15:17 PM »

Of course, on Amazon the iPod Touch (both models) are outselling the Zune 80 - consistently.

Uh, yeah, like 100% more consistent. I tried to buy the Zune 80 today on Amazon.  It wouldn't let me. You wanna know what it said? It aint out yet. W-T-F!

"The features of Zune are better than iPod for many people. The features of iPod are better than Zune for many people. We're debating over preference - something any two people may see differently."
-Palmer Deville
tbird
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 10:21:11 PM »

Quote from: Palmer Deville on October 17, 2007, 10:10:12 PM
Seems like CNet would be slightly less reliable than Amazon, where people are actually speaking with their wallets.

Of course, on Amazon the iPod Touch (both models) are outselling the Zune 80 - consistently.
Well duh! Its not even out yet! Of course its out selling the Zune.
Once again....Ladies and Gentlemen may I introduce to you....The Party Pooper! Grin

Long Live the Zune 30!
Ricardo Dawkins
zune master

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 06:00:49 AM »

Quote from: tbird on October 17, 2007, 10:21:11 PM
Well duh! Its not even out yet! Of course its out selling the Zune.
Once again....Ladies and Gentlemen may I introduce to you....The Party Pooper! Grin
LOL, what a joke...man, He knows that the Zune 2 is not out but always posting pointless data.
I'm buying a Zune 80 sooner or later but I dont like pre-orders much less buying from Amazon. ebay FTW!.

Kaiser
zune master

Dance Infinitum!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 06:57:37 AM »

Quote from: Jander on October 17, 2007, 10:15:17 PM

Uh, yeah, like 100% more consistent. I tried to buy the Zune 80 today on Amazon.  It wouldn't let me. You wanna know what it said? It aint out yet. W-T-F!

Really? Just to test I went to Amazon to check how far I can go through the pre-order process and it let me. I just didn't input any payment and exited. Glitch?

"So, Scientology, you win THIS round, but the million-year battle for the Earth has just begun!" - Trey Parker & Matt Stone
Jander
zune rockstar

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 09:26:32 AM »

Quote from: Kaiser on October 18, 2007, 06:57:37 AM
Quote from: Jander on October 17, 2007, 10:15:17 PM

Really? Just to test I went to Amazon to check how far I can go through the pre-order process and it let me. I just didn't input any payment and exited. Glitch?

No, not really. Just giving Palmer a bad time. Wink

"The features of Zune are better than iPod for many people. The features of iPod are better than Zune for many people. We're debating over preference - something any two people may see differently."
-Palmer Deville
Palmer Deville
zune master

The White Stripes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 12:38:36 PM »

The iPod Touch, which was only available as pre-order for a few weeks after the announcement, was up near the top for its entire pre-order period.

Zune 80 is clearly being purchased (pre-ordered) since it's on the list of top sellers. Its rank is relative to its demand.

I call 'em like I see 'em - so sue me.
AK Water
zune rockstar

iPod Owner, Zune Admirer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 02:29:38 PM »

I found it odd that C|Net's homepage listing for "Most Wanted Products" shows the top 5 as:

1. Creative Zen
2. iPod Touch
3. PS3
4. Samsung 46" LCD
5. iPhone

But when you click "See all mosted wanted products" it shows the top 5 as follows:

1. Wii
2. HTC Tilt
3. Zune 80GB
4. iPhone
5. PS3

what?  Are they trying to hide the fact that the Zune and Windows Mobile powered Tilt are more wanted than the iPods and iPhones? 

Marketing before form. Form before function. Function before practicality. Apple.
Kaiser
zune master

Dance Infinitum!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 08:01:03 PM »

Creative Zen...most wanted? Yeah, I wonder how many people besides us tech blogophytes are actually aware of new Zens being released.

"So, Scientology, you win THIS round, but the million-year battle for the Earth has just begun!" - Trey Parker & Matt Stone
Palmer Deville
zune master

The White Stripes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 10:50:49 PM »

Quote from: AK Water on October 18, 2007, 02:29:38 PM
I found it odd that C|Net's homepage listing for "Most Wanted Products" shows the top 5 as...

I can't confirm, but it appears that the first page is the current top 5 since it simply reads, "Most Wanted Products." Clicking the link on the other hand leads to a weekly list which gets locked in every 7 days. Oct 7, Oct 14, Oct 21, etc.

My theory is that on Oct 14 the Zune 80 stood at #3 but currently it is not in the top 5. The next weekly top 20 list will be released on Oct 21, until then the list is as of Oct 14.

I'm just guessing but... The new Zunes were released on Oct 3rd and quickly entered the CNet top 20 list. It continued its climb and as of Oct 14th it was #3. It has since declined (or possibly not) - This is very common of early adopter spikes - Sudden rush, followed by a significant slow down, followed by slow gain as the public becomes aware. 

The #1 and #2 top sellers in Amazon Software are Mac OS X Leopard Single and Family pack - again, due to early adopters (Macheads). This will soon subside and Leopard will find its spots somewhere far down the list.

I mean honestly, how many people that "just buy" an MP3 player check CNet, Zune Insider, iLounge or Zunerama. All these stats we point to are pretty much just to entertain ourselves... Smiley

I call 'em like I see 'em - so sue me.
AK Water
zune rockstar

iPod Owner, Zune Admirer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »

I don't know about your theory because the top 5 list on the home page hasn't changed in the past 4 days. 

Marketing before form. Form before function. Function before practicality. Apple.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zune 80 in the Top 5 of CNET's Most Wanted Products List (Updated) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans