Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2007, 09:59:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: iPod Nano vs Zune Flash -- Which has better shape? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: iPod Nano vs Zune Flash -- Which has better shape?
iPod Nano   -6 (22.2%)
Zune Flash   -21 (77.8%)
Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: iPod Nano vs Zune Flash -- Which has better shape?  (Read 416 times)
Vasquez CP1
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 07:15:05 PM »

I have to admit it. And I hate to admit it...

(whispers cautiously) I sort of like the Ipod nano's look.

BUT, I would buy Zune, simply becuase of compatibility with Marketplace and my Zune 30.

xune
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 11:44:43 PM »

I have to admit it. And I hate to admit it...

(whispers cautiously) I sort of like the Ipod nano's look.

BUT, I would buy Zune, simply becuase of compatibility with Marketplace and my Zune 30.

I know what you mean.  Apple is very good at making their products look futuristic and simple... and less like electronics.  The Zunes, as good as they look, still look like electronic products.  The ipods almost look like they were brought here by aliens or angels.

And that's not to say one is better than the other.  But I do think that iPods are more likely to appeal to women (who are generally less interested in electronics than men)... and Zunes might appeal more to men... if only because, men sort of like their gadgets to look like gadgets... and not alien pods.

Zune2... it's got wifi, large screen, radio... iPod classic can't "touch" this. Wink
Palmer Deville
zune master

The White Stripes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 11:59:29 PM »

My wife likes the shape and look of the new iPod Nano. However, she likes the old scratch-prone shiny plastic material better than the new brushed aluminum. She never upgraded to the Gen 2 Nano because "hers looked better." Anyway, that's one girls opinion. So the Zune 4/8 shell may have something going for them.

One thing I think the Zune 4/8 have going against them is their standardized look. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like last year's model - shape, size, screen size, capabilities, etc. I'm not just talking about iPod. The popular flash models, have looked stale for a while - the Zen 4GB and iPod fatty broke the old "tall and slim" mold.

Been there, done that, moved on...

I call 'em like I see 'em - so sue me.
PhilCarr
lil zuner

My Love for You is Like a Truck

philcarr@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 10:38:19 AM »

That nano thing is just plain ugly, and throw in the gui vs txt.

My Love for You is Like a Truck
Endless
zune commando

I ♣ Seals!

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »

I think screen size is a must.  I am content waiting 'til the screen price drops and they release a larger screen model. But that begs the question, will they liquidate the original screen size Zun to make room for  a larger screen Zune. It doesn't sound financially or socially feasible...

segadc
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 10:16:30 AM »

I am disapointed the flash Zunes have the heaphone on the bottom. I didn't like when the iPods had this either...
Kaiser
zune master

Dance Infinitum!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 10:42:17 AM »

I don't see what the big deal is. Having the jack on the bottom makes it better to hold, although it has to be removed every time you want to stick it in a dock.

"So, Scientology, you win THIS round, but the million-year battle for the Earth has just begun!" - Trey Parker & Matt Stone
segadc
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 10:53:55 AM »

You also have to take the Zune out of your pocket to unplug the headset. Not to mention all the weight (I know if any)  goes on the headset connector. I guess I would just flip it upside down if I had one lol.
Kaiser
zune master

Dance Infinitum!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 12:18:56 PM »

On the iPod, the end with the plug is not noticeably heavier. This may be the case for the Zune as well.

"So, Scientology, you win THIS round, but the million-year battle for the Earth has just begun!" - Trey Parker & Matt Stone
Palmer Deville
zune master

The White Stripes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 01:07:27 PM »

I definitely like the headphones on the bottom.

A. On the top the cord comes out, up, curves down, then loops back up. On the bottom, the cord just hangs naturally.

B. I put my DAP in my pocket upside down. The way I hold it, the natural position is to put in my pocket upside down. With the plug on the bottom there is no tension on the jack/connector.

C. I think it looks better hanging down than sticking out the top like an antenna. 

I call 'em like I see 'em - so sue me.
Trastan
zune commando

Find me on XBox Live!

animasaki@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:32:02 AM »

I definitely like the headphones on the bottom.

A. On the top the cord comes out, up, curves down, then loops back up. On the bottom, the cord just hangs naturally.

B. I put my DAP in my pocket upside down. The way I hold it, the natural position is to put in my pocket upside down. With the plug on the bottom there is no tension on the jack/connector.

C. I think it looks better hanging down than sticking out the top like an antenna. 

Good points, all. You've convinced me.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: iPod Nano vs Zune Flash -- Which has better shape? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans