Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2007, 09:57:44 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: iPod Nano vs Zune Flash -- Which has better shape? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: iPod Nano vs Zune Flash -- Which has better shape?
iPod Nano   -6 (22.2%)
Zune Flash   -21 (77.8%)
Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: iPod Nano vs Zune Flash -- Which has better shape?  (Read 416 times)
xune
zune rockstar

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2007, 04:31:43 AM »

The Zune Flash looks a lot like the older model of the iPod Nano (thin and long), but the new Nanos are square-ish.  Why do you think Apple changed the shape, and which one do you think is a better design?

The only things I can come up with is that, a thin Zune Flash will be easier to slip into your pocket, but a squarish Nano might be easier to hold in your hand.

What do you think?

Personally, I like the squarish design better, but I'll buy a Zune Flash anyway because most of my playlists are on Zune software.

Zune2... it's got wifi, large screen, radio... iPod classic can't "touch" this. Wink
AK Water
zune rockstar

iPod Owner, Zune Admirer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 05:40:41 AM »

I prefer the design and shape of the Zune Flash, but I think it's smaller screen kills it especially with that big black border around the screen.  If they ever fill that all up with a bigger screen then I would highly consider the flash Zune. 

If you told me in 2001 that Apple and Microsoft where gonna be number 1 and 2 in this market by 2007, I probably would have called you crazy. 
JIGGY24
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 06:39:23 AM »

I prefer the design and shape of the Zune Flash, but I think it's smaller screen kills it especially with that big black border around the screen.  If they ever fill that all up with a bigger screen then I would highly consider the flash Zune. 

I agree, but its ashame that the zune 80 has .2 bigger screen then the Ipod classic, and no cares, but the zune had a .2 smaller screen and every one complains that they cant see a 1.8 screen and they going blind.
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 07:55:04 AM »

My initial reaction is that the Zune 8 (and the old nano) are a more convenient shape than the new squarish nano. But I'd like to hold them both and see how they feel. Both definitely seem to be pocket-friendly.

The thing that strikes me about the new nano is the appearance of "wasted space" to the left and right of the clickwheel. That "wasted space" is there because of the design decision to orient the screen with the large side (width) of the screen adjacent to the clickwheel, rather than a horizontal orientation lining up the smaller side (height) of the screen with the clickwheel.

I do wish that the Zune 8 had a 2" screen. There appears to be room for it.

The two images below are to scale:

The design of the Zune 8 seems more pleasing to the eye to me. All the more impressive when you consider it has an FM tuner and wireless, built in to that little body.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:13:51 AM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged

blorsung
lil zuner

253906341 polarboy49
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 08:26:27 AM »

Personally, I just don't like iPods. They aren't as durable and they freeze a lot. Way to go Zune.
Trastan
zune commando

Find me on XBox Live!

animasaki@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 10:20:27 AM »

Between the new, 3G Nano and the 4/8 Zunes, I'd take the Zunes. Personally, though, I'd say that the best looking flash player was the 2G Nano; that thing was gorgeous.

AK Water
zune rockstar

iPod Owner, Zune Admirer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 10:37:59 AM »

I agree, but its ashame that the zune 80 has .2 bigger screen then the Ipod classic, and no cares, but the zune had a .2 smaller screen and every one complains that they cant see a 1.8 screen and they going blind.
Actually the Zune 80GB has a .7" Bigger screen than the iPod Classic.  And I care, thats a big difference.  The .2" smaller screen on the flash Zune isn't a huge deal but it just doesn't look right with the black border. 

If you told me in 2001 that Apple and Microsoft where gonna be number 1 and 2 in this market by 2007, I probably would have called you crazy. 
xune
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 10:47:18 AM »

what's with that THICK black border, anyway?!?  why didn' they just make that part of the screen?  it's really puzzling...  Huh

Zune2... it's got wifi, large screen, radio... iPod classic can't "touch" this. Wink
AK Water
zune rockstar

iPod Owner, Zune Admirer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 10:55:54 AM »

Yeah I'm not sure why they didn't put in a bigger screen. 

thenumberdevil
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 01:50:36 PM »

The .2" smaller screen on the flash Zune isn't a huge deal but it just doesn't look right with the black border. 

Maybe because:

a. They planned a 2.0" screen but it proved too expensive, and,
b. They will add a 2.0" screen version in a few months when the cost falls!
AK Water
zune rockstar

iPod Owner, Zune Admirer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 01:53:45 PM »

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they update the flash version with a bigger screen within the next year. 

Ricardo Dawkins
zune master

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 02:17:31 PM »

The .2" smaller screen on the flash Zune isn't a huge deal but it just doesn't look right with the black border. 

Maybe because:

a. They planned a 2.0" screen but it proved too expensive, and,
b. They will add a 2.0" screen version in a few months when the cost falls!
why be so confirmist ...? add a 2.2 screen and increase the capacity to max. 16GB for 229.99 Smiley

JIGGY24
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 02:32:55 PM »

the sandisk  sansa has a 1.8in screen and they are selling well. So why cant the Zune sell there 1.8 screen? IF i'm correct the sansa dont have video out, but still they are selling well. So why cant the Zune? IT can, MS is working around the wifi and usung it with MP. Once the New MP is in actino ans MS starts addin tv shows, movie, books. different clocks(lol) you can download from MP. Then well see that Zune 4/8 be more of a better buy. So basically it depends on the good MS can sell wifi and why we need wifi in are mp3 players.

yes i think the Zune has a better cheap Smiley Ipod should have used it. you you would have took off the two buttons and ask anyone what name brand mp3 player this is, They would have said IPOD for sure. Specially if the squirle was a circle Smiley

AK Water
zune rockstar

iPod Owner, Zune Admirer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 03:23:25 PM »

Wow, now that you mention the SanDisk Sansa, I made a realization that the Zune Flash 4/8GB look way more like the SanDisk Sansa e200 series than anything else. 

bballalltheway23
zune-ologist

aren't you glad you didn't get an I pood

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »

I think the zune would be more practile and eiser to hold

zunes kick I pood's butt
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: iPod Nano vs Zune Flash -- Which has better shape? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans