Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2007, 05:34:01 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Important tidbit for those who own Zune Passes « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Important tidbit for those who own Zune Passes  (Read 770 times)
darkzero63
zune trooper

View Profile
Re: Important tidbit for those who own Zune Passes
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »

So what you guys are saying is, I can give (read-sell) my old Zune30 and get a new Zune80 and we can share one Zune pass one both accounts and two seperate computers? Sweetness.
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 12:41:05 PM »

Yes, but you wouldn't want to share your Zune Pass with a stranger. You have to periodically (once a month, I think) sign in with your Marketplace account to each PC, in order to keep the subscription content active.

Fraxture
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 12:49:46 PM »

I love the Zune Pass. It's a great idea. I have only bought one CD since and it was the best of WAR which I couldn't get.

My wife is amazed I can just stream a genre like 40 tunes for her off my PC. Then download them, and plug it in the car. she has an Ipod nano since she says she doesn't listen to music much and didn't want anything fancy last year. And she has downloaded a handful of songs, and those were songs she normally liked and was familiar with.

I love the fact that I can listen to the entire song, download it, and have it just for a subscription fee. I have songs that I would never even bother with cause I wouldn't want to waste my .99 cents on an unknown. It's different strokes for different folks really, you know glass half full and what not.

But I love it, and have gotten my moneys worth.

The wife wants me to get the Zune 80, cause she gets my little 30 then. Wink

"Well isn't this place a geographic oddity, 2 weeks from everywhere!"
deitiphobia
zune n00bie

View Profile
Zune Pass is Awesome if you ever DJ a party
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2007, 06:21:53 AM »

I recently hooked up my laptop to the house stereo at a party I was asked to "DJ". I was able to take request from everyone and we kept the party going all night on the fly from songs I was streaming from Zune pass. IF you are going to DJ a party....pay the $15 for that month at least...you won't regret it and the folks at the party will love you for it.
swanlee
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2007, 08:44:34 AM »

I have a question

My and my wife both have zune30's, we have a large library syncd to both of them, I'm going to be getting a zune80. I probably won't use my old zune30 after I get the zune 80 but may still keep it around so I will have 3 Zune's now and a large Zunepass library to sync. How will I sync my library to my zune80? If I delete it off my zune 30 will the DRM know that and let my sync my library to my zune 80?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:56:24 AM by swanlee » Logged
thenumberdevil
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2007, 12:52:21 PM »

Quote from: swanlee on October 11, 2007, 08:44:34 AM
I have a question

My and my wife both have zune30's, we have a large library syncd to both of them, I'm going to be getting a zune80. I probably won't use my old zune30 after I get the zune 80 but may still keep it around so I will have 3 Zune's now and a large Zunepass library to sync. How will I sync my library to my zune80? If I delete it off my zune 30 will the DRM know that and let my sync my library to my zune 80?

In Zune Software ... Sign In and go to "Account Management" [it's in the Sign In dropdown] ...
On the next screen click on "Zune Pass" [Controls devices] and "Rights Management" [controls 3 PCs allowed access to Zune Pass]

Hope that helps!
rdhoss
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 01:25:11 PM »

"People hear a song on Scrubs, or Grey's Anatomy, or Heroes and they download it (legally or illegally) and play it until they're sick. They don't check to see what else that artist put out. They've already found the next single they want to burn into the ground. "

That's what I like about the Zune Pass. I can be sitting in my living room watching Scrubs or American Idol. A song catches my ear... I search ZMP for it and download it. I don't have to think about whether it's worth shelling out .99 for it (and believe that was a tough decision for me a lot of times). If I don't like it, I delete it and I've lost nothing.

The Zune Pass is the best way to experience music. It's a great way for me to find music I otherwise would never think of buying.
chigzilla
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 06:29:25 PM »

Okay, my wife and I each have a zune and share a zune pass.  We just purchased a 3rd zune from woot and it allowed the 3rd zune to sync with the zune pass as well.  I wonder if you can only "legally" sync to 2 zune devices but can "actually" sync to as many as you want?
chigzilla
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »

Quote from: chigzilla on October 19, 2007, 06:29:25 PM
Okay, my wife and I each have a zune and share a zune pass.  We just purchased a 3rd zune from woot and it allowed the 3rd zune to sync with the zune pass as well.  I wonder if you can only "legally" sync to 2 zune devices but can "actually" sync to as many as you want?

I believe this is the case because my zune software does not give me an option to "deactivate" or "deauthorize" a zune for which I have been using the zune pass.  It only has the authorization/deauthorization option with respect to registered # of PCs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Important tidbit for those who own Zune Passes « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans