Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2007, 05:59:57 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Village Square  |  Welcome Wagon  |  Topic: Zunes like to swim « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Zunes like to swim  (Read 57 times)
MrJoe
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
Zunes like to swim
« on: October 05, 2007, 08:49:59 PM »

Hi everybody. 

Portable mp3 players really have come a long way since the first flash rio diamond (128 mb max capacity yay) players and mp3 cd players.  I had the same RioVolt mp3 cd player for about seven years.  That unit was really cool for me at the time because holding 10+ albums on a mix cd was a major upgrade from holding 10-20 songs on one cd.  As you could imagine, all of my cds soon were ripped to mp3s.  It was amazing to me that I could fit my whole cd collection in a little cd wallet of mp3 cds and essentially have my whole music collection in a pocket in my backpack Smiley

Once the ipods and other hard-drive based portable mp3 players had their major bugs worked out, I told myself I would shell out the cash for one once they had enough features and capacity to warrant paying $250+ for a portable music player.  After doing some shopping, I decided to buy a nice black Zune.  I'm not as die-hard of a Zune fan as I suspect a lot of the frequenters of this forum are, but the deal-breaker for me between getting an ipod and a Zune was the user interface on the Zune and its software.  The Zune is definately a very cool thing.  I really don't trust that any of these hard drive mp3 players will last more than a couple years, so I bought the three year warranty from Target.  I highly recommend such a move, because I found that this was the consensus about these types of units.

These days, my Zune is filled with electronic/trance, classic/90s/modern rock, some industrial/metal, bluesy guitar music like G3 & steve vai, and contemporary Christian rock and worship music, but the electronic/trance and contemporary Christian music really get the most play.  My photo album is always synced with my Zune for convenient showing of course  Grin

Anyways, this is a cool site, and I look forward to hearing some cool Zune stories and hopefully get turned on to some cool new artists.

And by the way, Zunes really don't like to swim.
korneel
zune trooper

nu_ikke@hotmail.com
View Profile
Re: Zunes like to swim
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 03:01:04 AM »

Quote from: MrJoe on October 05, 2007, 08:49:59 PM
I'm not as die-hard of a Zune fan as I suspect a lot of the frequenters of this forum are
You don't know what you're missing  Grin

It comes with the time...

mszune.nl - forum mod
JayMonster
zune dog

View Profile
Re: Zunes like to swim
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 09:14:25 AM »

Welcome.  Like you, I held out for quite a long time with my older DAP.  Mine was a 64 MB PMP300 from Diamond Rio.  As time goes on, I suspect you (as I did), will become completely enthralled with the Zune and become a "die-hard" fan as I have.
Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Village Square  |  Welcome Wagon  |  Topic: Zunes like to swim « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans