Zunerama logo   
News: Read the latest in our Zune blog

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 09, 2012, 04:23:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPECIAL! Woot does it again!  (Read 8225 times)
Apallohadas
zune master

China for teh win!

View Profile
SPECIAL! Woot does it again!
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:17:27 AM »

I just received this letter from Woot:

Sent to: apallohadas
October 4th, 2007
Hello Zune Wooters,

Thank you for supporting the amazing new social ecommerce entertainment web community 2.0...er, well, thanks for picking up the cheap Zune deal at Woot.com the other day. We hope you are enjoying it as much as we enjoy your cash. We have some updates just for you:

First, as many of you may have heard yesterday, your Zune woot just got better - Microsoft will offer automatic software upgrades to improve the functionality and feature set of the Zune(s) you own. Yes, you heard correctly - Microsoft. Early-adopter support. Whoa. You can be assured that Woot staff will stay tuned and report the amazing developments in this area-for now, we're consolidating all previous Zune threads to the latest sale here. Please share any information you have with the rest your fellow new Zune owners there. There's a nice Zune news roundup post here.

Second... shhh... don't tell anyone! We have a limited quantity of official factory-refurbished black Zunes (now aka Zune 30's) to offer effective immediately. Our elite strikeforce of pirate-tongued, ninja-trained negotiation commandos worked their powers of persuasion to obtain every single official factory-refurb Zune 30. No, no blackmail, extortion, or coercion was involved (as far as we know). The point is, you won't see these anywhere else. These units are Microsoft-certified with full accessories, full warranty and even factory fresh retail packaging. And - in an ironic twist you're sure to enjoy - you get the scoop first. In fact, as a previous buyer, we're notifying only you (and your fellow Zune buyers) of a VIP behind-the-scenes event prior to their hopeful full day in the Woot sun: http://www.woot.com/special.aspx?k=vipzune. Slide on in past the velvet rope - these units are available immediately on a first-come, first-served basis at $99.99 each + $5 shipping. Sneak a friend or two in if you want - this is indeed an exciting chance to join the Zune in-crowd, but please, no "Welcome to the Social" jokes. (Unless you're as good at satire as fake steve jobs, that is.) We'll hold this sale open for as long as we can, but as with most Woot items (infocus projectors aside), quantity is limited.

Hey, cheapskates: don't forget your credit! Some of our own "early adopters" may have missed our follow-up Zune event, Open Letter spoof and all. Make no mistake, though, all buyers at $149 have real $10 credits on their accounts, ready to use on any sale over $40. Your discount code is BUMPYROAD. (Before you ask, yes, it will work on the VIP Zune sale, 2 magnums of Polyphemus, 3 yet-to-be-reckoned Woot tees, or anything else you can find that we sell for more than $40.)

On a final note, I've been asked to forewarn our newest members that the shop may be a bit busy on Friday - not to tip you Wooters Off or anything...

Thanks for your support,

Matt Rutledge
Woot CEO

Quote from: Aerimus Shadowborn
Apple fans on the other hand seem to live in a reality distortion field that either renders flaws and limitations either meaningless or into brilliant design decisions.
Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
Re: SPECIAL! Woot does it again!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »

Holy Caramba!!!!

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

Ark Malmeida
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 11:27:20 AM »

Wow $99 is a great deal.  I 've been holding out for Brown, but I may have to seriously consider that.
Apallohadas
zune master

China for teh win!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 11:30:01 AM »

Wish I needed another one. That's a GREAT deal. If you haven't used your $10 off (like me) it's EVEN HOTTER.

Quote from: Aerimus Shadowborn
Apple fans on the other hand seem to live in a reality distortion field that either renders flaws and limitations either meaningless or into brilliant design decisions.
Kaiser
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 11:59:46 AM »

Apollo, I'm going to mail you my wallet, because it wants to personally kick your ass, cuz even I bought one lol.
Endless
zune rockstar

I ♣ Seals!

thehorsmancometh@hotmail.com littlemonster114
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 12:07:05 PM »

Daaaaaayng I hate myself! but i love Woot!

Quote from: Scott Fletcher of Unthinkability.com
Microsoft is always fashionably late to the party, but they always go home with the hot chicks
korneel
zune commando

nu_ikke@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 12:29:24 PM »

You got to love them, those guys at woot Cheesy

mszune.nl - forum mod & blog poster
selmak
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 12:31:22 PM »

damn I hate you for telling about this. I couldn't let it go and ordered one  Embarrassed

Thanks a lot

selmak
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 12:42:23 PM »

Update: That was a close one, I sent out an email to all my co-workers offering either my white one or the new black at $145 and someone said they'll buy it. Yay!!!  Grin

Lord Moon
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 12:51:11 PM »

Hey I got that email too.

The funny thing is a co-worker knows I have both the iPod and Zune.  She asked what I was going to do with 2 players.  I told her when I figure out which on I want to keep I probably put the other on eBay.  She offered to buy which ever I didn't want.  This makes it easier to sell her the Zune.  That and I prefer the black over the white.   Grin

SINED, SEELED, and DELIVERED
Kaiser
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 12:59:01 PM »

I'll soon have both, but there's no way I'd part with my 5G. That thing's been a great travel gizmo (as it's one of the few that have actually lasted for a 12 hour trip without recharging). Brown is my favorite, but woot commands that I get a black one.
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 01:34:51 PM »

Yahoo. It's a refurb, but such a deal.!!!  I'm all over it.

NorCalAngler
zune commando

It's Mii!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 01:35:42 PM »

Quote from: Zunerama Ed. on October 04, 2007, 01:34:51 PM
Yahoo. It's a refurb, but such a deal.!!!  I'm all over it.

It's a refurb, but it carries a full one year warranty!

I wish Woot could get ahold of some Zune travel packs or Zune docks... that would be the shizzle.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:42:39 PM by ComposMentis » Logged

Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »

Do you know what I hate....? when I had to pay 180.00 USD for a 5GB player with a 1.5in screen that didn't play video....and goes broken in less than a year!

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

Kaiser
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 01:59:45 PM »

That's nothing. I once paid $150 for a 256MB mp3 player with a rudimentary LED display. It broke in 2 weeks lol. Damn Sony.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List