Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2007, 05:40:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Not Zune-Related  |  Digital Media Player board (Moderator: nymbis)  |  Topic: Taiwan's HTC has sold 800,000 Touch phones « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Taiwan's HTC has sold 800,000 Touch phones  (Read 76 times)
Smithy
zune commando

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:43:47 PM »

LONDON, Oct 1 (Reuters) - Taiwan smartphone maker High Tech Computer Corp (HTC) (2498.TW: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Monday it had sold 800,000 units of its own branded HTC Touch phone, launched in Europe and Asia in June.

"This is better than I expected ... We feel very good about our success," Chief Executive Peter Chou told Reuters in an interview, adding that the smartphone's popularity was close to that enjoyed by Apple Inc's (AAPL.O: Quote, Profile, Research) competing iPhone.
The iPhone sold 1 million phones in the three months after its launch in the United States, also in June, and Apple is set to begin selling the product in Europe in November.

Windows Mobile touch phones are giving the iPhone's a strong run for their money...and this is from just one manufacturer.
SilentBliss
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 02:41:36 PM »

Let alone this is the nonpopular Touch. The one without the slideout keypad.

Japan is getting the HTC Nike, aka Touch with Keypad and WiFi.
UK is getting an updated Touch with keypad but no WiFi; which is actually pretty stupid...
AK Water
zune rockstar

iPod Owner, Zune Admirer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:41:12 PM »

I read this yesterday and was impressed.  It's nice, but I prefer HTC's PPC-6800

If you told me in 2001 that Apple and Microsoft where gonna be number 1 and 2 in this market by 2007, I probably would have called you crazy. 
Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Not Zune-Related  |  Digital Media Player board (Moderator: nymbis)  |  Topic: Taiwan's HTC has sold 800,000 Touch phones « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans