Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2007, 02:47:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Media Conversion  |  Topic: Rip DVD using DVD Decripter convert using Super « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rip DVD using DVD Decripter convert using Super  (Read 127 times)
belkin510
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
Rip DVD using DVD Decripter convert using Super
« on: September 04, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »

All,

I love my Zune don't get me wrong. I just am so frustrated with the convert support that it is making me want to throw it at the screen of my computer. I downloaded Super as was suggested by this site. I wanted my TV shows DVD collection on my zune, so I could watch them at slow times at work. (My wife hates them so that is the only way I can watch them) Well super does not convert DVD to MP4 so I find DVD decrypt ans rip the whole disk like it says to do then copy the VOB files and try to convert then with Super only to end up with more Errors. Make matters worse when I installed Zune it some how made copies of all my music and placed it in the shared My music folder so now it syncs everything twice and I don't know what one to get rid of be cause I want my wife to have access to the music on her account so she can load it in to her Zune. Enough pulling my hair out what I need is a step by step guide on how to rip the shows and convert them to MP4 using these programs. Please make it STUPIED proof as I seem to be really stupid these days. And if you can tell me what files I can delete the Shared or My music with out losing 16gig worth of music it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Belkin510
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Re: Rip DVD using DVD Decripter convert using Super
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »

The most painless way to convert media is with one of the commercial packages. I've used M2Convert for Zune, and Cucusoft, and had good results with both.

The free packages like Super and DVD-WMV will work but it can take some tinkering and configuration. For some it's easy, but for other setups it can be mystifying.

Regarding your duplicated music: I'm not sure what would have caused the Zune installation to do that. I would think you can delete the music under one folder or the other, but would suggest trying it just a few songs at a time at first, to make sure there are on ill effects.

Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Media Conversion  |  Topic: Rip DVD using DVD Decripter convert using Super « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans