Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2007, 09:53:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Books (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: One Man's Meat... by E. B. White « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: One Man's Meat... by E. B. White  (Read 294 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
One Man's Meat... by E. B. White
« on: June 02, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »

This author, best-known for his children's books Charlotte's Web and Stuart Little, wrote editorials and essays for years for Harper's and the New Yorker and other publications.

This book is a collection of his essays, and covers world events of the late 30's like the impending threat of Nazi Germany, as well as more homespun day-to-day issues of his simple life on a farm in Maine.

If you appreciate thoughtful writing from an insightful mind, I recommend this to you as a good read.

JIGGY24
zune trooper

View Profile
Re: One Man's Meat... by E. B. White
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 07:30:37 AM »

I loved Charlotte's Web Smiley i havent seen stuart little. How many books have you read? 2000?
Vasquez CP1
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 08:43:11 PM »

Didn't E.B White write a book about a swan? I can't think of the name, but it seems like I read it as a kid.

thenumberdevil
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:34:47 AM »

Quote from: Vasquez CP1 on October 08, 2007, 08:43:11 PM
Didn't E.B White write a book about a swan? I can't think of the name, but it seems like I read it as a kid.

That would be the "Trumpet of the Swan" ... E.B. White wrote only 3 children's books [Stuart Little and Charlotte's Web being the others]

If you like "One Man's Meat" you should check out his other work.

Did You Know? He is the White in the the famous grammatical work "Elements of Style" by Strunk and White.

See E.B.White on Wikipedia for more.
Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Books (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: One Man's Meat... by E. B. White « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans