Zunerama logo   
News: Find Zune accessories

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 09, 2012, 01:57:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dearest Zunerama members (Win a PINK ZUNE!!)  (Read 24598 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Dearest Zunerama members (Win a PINK ZUNE!!)
« on: April 27, 2007, 09:58:16 AM »

Dearest Zunerama members,

I hope this note finds you well and warm. It's another rainy day here, but the air is alive with the fragrant colors and buddings of spring. I've got some soft jazz playing on my Zune (thanks to my home A/V kit), and all seems well with the world.

School is fine, the family's doing great, and we're looking forward to our summer camping trip next month. What else... oh yes, the dog threw up this morning. I think she'll be okay though.

But enough about me. I have some exciting news to share.

As you may recall, only 100,000 pink Zunes will be made. And now you, my friend, have a chance to win your very own.

I kid you not. Zune team member Cesar (host of ZuneInsider and the grand ambassador of all things Zune) has given Zunerama a brand new Pink Zune, to give away to one of you.

And how to win this, you ask? Well, one hears that letter writing is a relic of days gone by, and perhaps that is so. But I'm imagining how delighted the Zune team would be to receive a short letter from you.

So, reply to this post, with a short letter to Microsoft's Zune team. I'll forward the letters, and on the first day of June I'll randomly draw our winner's name from the entrants. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards,

Zunerama

RULES

To enter, post a reply to this thread, in the form of a letter to Microsoft's Zune team. One entry per Zunerama member; duplicate entries will be deleted.

Not a member yet? Here's our 15-second registration.

Entries for this contest are limited to people with shipping addresses in the US and Canada.

We'll draw a random winner on June 1.

The winner will be posted below. Zunerama will send an email message to the winner, using the email address from your forum profile. You must respond to the email within 10 days to claim your prize, and to let us know your shipping info.

Good luck, Zunerama members! And thanks, Cesar!!

WINNER:
Fri Jun 1, 2007 - foxybro1
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 02:20:18 PM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged

A_Str8
zune commando

View Profile WWW
Re: Dearest Zunerama members (Win a PINK ZUNE!!)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:10:51 PM »

Dear Zune Team,

It seems your product has been getting much attention from gadget fans. Unfortunately, much of that attention seems to be negative. While I definitely would not call your device perfect, I find that much of the negative press is unsubstantiated.

You guys have created a very solid and sleek little media player. It is not packed with bells and whistles to appease those of us who are tweak happy, but in the end, I was convinced to buy one because it does its main job well - play media. That, along with your assurances that the Zune would be an ongoing commitment have made me confident that this is a brand I want to buy into.

No, the wireless is not very useful. No, there is no calendar, notepad, or kitchen sink. Honestly, those (except for the sink) are features I would like in my Zune, but they are not make-or-break features. In the end, the main factors in determining the quality of a media player should be how it plays media.

I look forward to updates and new features that you guys will make for the Zune. Rest easy knowing that everyone does not believe the media hype.

Enjoying the Social,
Ahd Child
http://www.ahdchild.com

NothingExpected.com - Free songs for your Zune
A_Str8's Zune Card

traviso
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 12:53:41 PM »

Dear Zune team,

I have held out for the past several years in buying an MP3 player because I just didn't an ipod, and I wasn't to impressed by the other offerings out there.  When I heard that Microsoft was making an MP3 player, I said that's the one for me, I'm finally going to get on the boat.  I must say that I am very glad I did and I am very glad that I waited to make my purchase until the Zune came out.  My only want is for more storage space!

Thanks for a great device!
Travis
spencerjf
zune commando

Good Times, Bad Times, I know I'v Had My Share.

spencerjf13 spencerjf@ymail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 01:08:03 PM »

Dear Zune team at Microsoft,

I have only had two MP3 Players in my life. I have messed with many MP3 Players, such as the Sansa, Toshiba, Apple, Sony, and Samsung players. I will tell you that just the large 3 inch bright screen its self blows all those players out of the water. But Zune has been getting some nagative reviews, although it seems to be a very popular player. Here is a example of a negative review of the Zune, One of my friends who owns a iPod Video told me that besides the large screen, ability to do backgrounds, and Wifi, the iPod is 10 times better.

Maybe if you guys can find a way to be able to personalize it, like having an intro in the beginning like the one in Windows Vista Version of Windows Media Center. Or make different ways to view the menu.

I'm sure if you guys take your time and make some really good Firmware releases that the Zune will get some good reviews. My freinds and I also think that it is a good idea that you guys are releasing different colors and such. I have herd many other MP3 Player, such as the ones I listed above, and the Zune has about the best sound qulaty I have ever herd.

I'm sure many of the people I know who do not like the Zune will change there mind if some updates, and maybe some games come out soon.

Thanks for a fantastic device,
Spencer F
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 01:13:44 PM by Spencer_Zune » Logged

Mike-T
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 01:13:55 PM »

Dear Zune Team,

First I must confess: I live in Canada and...I have a ZUNE! I think it is a terrific product that needs some improvements, of course, but I hope those will come soon enough. There is just one thing that really bothers me: I listen mostly prog. and indie rock, and classic music and in many of those discs there are tracks without gaps between each other. It is really annoying to have to listen those cds with my Zune because it inserts gaps where it was not supposed to be. If only there were a way to detect that, so the Zune could play those titles as it was intended to be. Of course, there are those other things nice to have (in-device deletion and editing, calendar, games and more useful Wi-FI and so on) but I am sure you'll listen to yours clients carefully and answer to that promptly.

Please, keep those firmwares coming with improvements and new features: I really enjoy using my Zune and I have to fight with my daughters to have the opportunity to use it so I hope the future will bring more enjoyable and interesting features.

Thanks

Mike-T
AK Water
zune rockstar

Zune + iPod Owner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 02:06:53 PM »

Dear Zune Team,

Ever since information on the Zune was leaked out back in the summer of 2006, I was looking forward to buying the Zune on launch day.  I followed stories about it on various blogs throughout most of late summer up untill the launch of the Zune on November 14, 2006. 

Well the day came and the Zune launched, and I was excited but have yet to personally buy the Zune, although I have helped many people like my father and my friend with thier Zune and making sure they get the best experience from their new audio device.  The device is a great piece of hardware, but the device itself is lacking some features that I have on my 3rd Generation iPod.  I'm looking to replace that old iPod with a, non-iPod, digital portable media player by the end of this year.  One of the main reasons that has kept me from buying the Zune is lack of portable USB hard drive support, something that many other hard-drive based digital audio players have including the Toshiba Gigabeat S, that the Zune is based on.  The other main reason is mostly simple stuff like lack of a clock, and other features that could be implemented into the Zune's firmware. 

Recently, I recommended that my dad purchase a Zune after he came to me looking for a digital audio player for his airplane trips to go skiing out west.  He bought a black one mostly for ease of use and because he watches videos on it.  You guys truly have made the device easy to use.  The interface is the simplest design I have seen on a portable digital media device to date. 

I will buy a Zune myself at some point and I am personally heavily anticipating the second generation Zune and the future of the Zune division of Microsoft.  I hope for portable hard drive support (UMS), and better integration between the Xbox Live Marketplace and the Zune Marketplace.  I believe I should be able to download a movie trailer on my Xbox 360, hook my Zune up to it, and then be able to watch that movie trailer, game trailer, or other video content on my Zune.  A few simple games would be nice as well for the bus ride.

Good luck with the Zune!,

Adam K

Zune 30GB Brown | iPod 15GB (3rd Generation)
earbuds: Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating
Also in the household: Zune 120 and Zune 30 (Both Black)
rockin_amigo14
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 02:30:27 PM »

Dear Microsoft Zune Team,

Allow me to open by first saying that my brown Zune is the fourteenth Mp3 player I've owned.  I've come to regard myself as a bit of an enthusiast.  I've experienced dozens of different players in my years, which I began back in 2002.

I must say the Zune is easily the most fun I've ever had using any piece of technology.  Quite an accomplishment, considering it's against things like video game systems.  Honestly, the Zune is just a wonderful device.  The GUI is the best I've encountered on any device up to this point, including the renowned iPod and the highly praised iRiver Clix.

For a while, I was under the impression I needed every feature possible because of the age old "You never know..."  Well, I've never really used them, but still needed all the gimmicks, like line-in and FM recording.  Never used them.  I used voice recording once, but I don't see that use being a recurring theme.  The Zune fits my needs perfectly.  A great GUI, album art, gorgeous screen, customizable background, FM radio (for sports) and great sound quality.  I replaced my Cowon D2 with the Zune, and haven't looked back.

However, there are some suggestions I'd like to make to what could be a killer product.  First, the Zune needs to support lossless audio formats.  I'm by no means an audiophile, but I use a pair of high-end earphones which can pick out details rather well.  While the sound of high bitrate MP3's is superb, lossless would be great.

With these larger lossless files comes with the suggestion of larger hard drives, such as 80GB.  Not a big deal, and I'm sure they would sell just fine.

What would also be ideal is support for more video codecs.  While WMV is great for space and has stellar quality, transcoding all of my videos gets tedious after a while.  Supporting even just DivX would make my experience with my Zune MUCH better.

This isn't such a big deal for me, but I thought I might bring it up.  Wireless.  You guys are on to something great here.  Expand!  Think of the things you could do with wireless.  Wireless syncing, chat, games, etc.

The 3x3 rule should be done away with.  People should be able to give music that they legally bought to whom they wish.  Music that was downloaded, however, like from Zune Marketplace, definitely requires a restriction of some sort.

I believe, with those additions, the Zune could become a leader in the Portable Audio business.  However, these are just suggestions of one person, and are by no means the thoughts or opinions of anyone besides myself, a user who desperately wants to see the Zune succeed.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this letter.  I believe companies who can listen to user feedback have the greatest advantage.

Cordially,
Eric Stishan

P.S. - Could we have a clock with an alarm, please? =)

DumDum
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 03:14:11 PM »

Dearest Zune Team members,

Thanks for this great product. I am a proud owner of a brown (or is it suede? corduroy?) Zune for some months now.

Like a lot of people who would spend time and post on a music-player message board, I've been a digital music enthusiast for a while, starting with a Sony Music Clip way back when (oh my, what a waste) and on through Diamonds, then Rios, Creatives, Apples, iRivers, you name it. I didn't jump into the Zune thing for a while, 'cause I just bought a Clix. But then, after stopping at the Zune station in Target so many times, I went for it. No regrets. The Zune is the only one I didn't tire of after the first month or two.

Why? It does what I want a media player to do: It plays my media files (duh) and it does it *extremely* well. I'm happy with the deliberate pace of the updates and such; makes it feel like things aren't added willy-nilly, but seem based on "how can we make this a better media player?"

And by the way, if you want to pass this onto the beleaguered marketing team: I think the campaign was really, really cool, and honestly figured into my desire to have one of these things. I'll say it again: a suede-brown Zune.

Thanks, keep up the good work, and gimme a pink one so I can get my girlie into the social...

Thanks,
DumDum
dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 04:27:34 PM »

Dear Zune Team,

I do not have any complaints, or concerns, or instructions to give to you.  All I have to offer you is my delight in the wonderful product you have created.  As I have said, I have nothing against the Zune.  In my opinion, it is the best mp3 player in the market and I look forward to future products.  Despite the many criticisms the Zune has received, you have created a success.  I know this because of the many compliments I have received on my brown Zune.  You are all doing a fantastic job and I wish you a successful future!

Sincerely,
Ian Vergara

rideboarder
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »

Hey Zune Team!
I hope you guys are celebrating the 66% jump in net income down the street in Redmond! I'm glad Microsoft doesn't abandon projects too quickly, so I'm confident they will keep the Zune around for years to come! (the xbox has definitely become a success quickly!) The Zune may not be selling like hotcakes yet, but there are people that enjoy it already and I do believe that it brought something new to the market and a much needed competitor that can keep Apple on its toes. I can't say Iím a music enthusiast, but I've gotten into it much more than I used to. I find myself browsing through music websites, the Zune marketplace, Yahoo Music and all kinds of sites that I never used to do before I owned the Zune. There are certain things that I would like to see being improved upon, such as having TV shows and movies available in the marketplace, being able to sync wirelessly and having the ability of changing the resolution of the album art. Having chunky looking graphics on the beautiful looking screen of the Zune just isn't right! Other than that, keep up the good work and I hope the Zune will be a success someday.

Chris
Blackie
zune rockstar

I am a Geek

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 05:47:10 PM »

Dear Zune Team,
I'm going to make this short and sweet(because my mom needs a Zune!!)
You guys made a great product, and keep it up!!. (Next time around make the Zune thinner!! Grin)

Bill Gates: "We are not the hardware company that Apple is, but Apple is not the software company that we are"
Lou Cefer
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 05:49:41 PM »

dear ceasar (the grand ambassador of all things zune) and the zune team,

the zune is awsome, my wife (ipod owner) is jealous of my zune, since i heard of the pink zune i have been wanting to get it for her.  Your work is highly appreciated.  

lou cefer

vkoser
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 06:42:22 PM »

Dear zune team.

I have been waiting for something to come along that compelled me to get a media player upgrade.  I'm so pleased with my zune purchase.  I cant wait to see what exciting features will be coming in the next few months.  The zune has become my constant companion at work and makes the day go faster.

thanks
Ranma13
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2007, 06:01:19 AM »

Dear Zune Team,

When I first purchased my Zune, I knew exactly what I was getting into, a beta device that does not have all of the features as its competitors. However, I bought it for the Zune's potential and it is my hope that one day the Zune can match, if not beat, the competing DAPs out there. Please make it happen!
blackmanwhitezune
zune-ologist

It's like I'm livin' fast, Just to die slow!- Mike

Dontae181992 nrthsidelongbeach
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2007, 07:22:11 AM »

Dear MS Zune Development Team
     My first ever music  player was a zune, and it might just be my only brand for life. I didnt  like the bland look of  an ipod and i saw the zune on   commercials and it caught my eye with a bright 3 inch screen and a customizable background its unique and thats what i love about. then the social part of the zune is just amazing.sending photos and songs. That was a fun idea and its always great to have   friendly interaction with a fellow zuner. Keep up what  ur doin and suprise us with even more great features.Some great features i have heard of people wanting is a clock, calendar, and on device deleting capabilities. That would make me alot  more happier. Also more codecs for video.Smiley
                                                                                 Sincerely
                                                          A Thankful BlackMan with A WhiteZune
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 07:31:51 AM by blackmanwhitezune » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List