Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 04, 2009, 02:34:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conversion Comparison?  (Read 2492 times)
texasz06
zune n00bie

View Profile
Conversion Comparison?
« on: April 27, 2007, 08:01:26 AM »

I am new to the Zune and thus far am really enjoying it. I am looking at getting a DVD conversion package and have narrowed it down to the following...

Nidesoft
Cucusoft
Avex

Has anyone done a comparison as to what the differences between the 3 are such as which is better for speed, ease of use, and quality? Also, I am currently running Vista Ultimate, will that pose a problem with any of these packages. Finally, for the experienced users what would you go with and why?
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Re: Conversion Comparison?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:47:56 PM »

I can't speak to all three of them, but I have used Cucusoft, M2Convert, and Super.

Super is free but I found it took a fair bit of hand-holding. Also, it won't rip your DVDs.

Cucusoft and M2Convert are both good quality packages and are well-supported. I have not had problems with either one. In my experience, packages that claim very high conversion speeds are producing lower quality files. So, I just have the expectation that my conversions are going to take close to real-time to convert a movie, and I'm pleased with the results from both packages.

thenumberdevil
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 03:42:51 AM »

Cucusoft works the best for me.

M2Convert fails on some files for me!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List