Zunerama logo   
News: Have you seen our Zune Buyer's Guide?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 10, 2011, 02:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My quest for an exclusive interview with J Allard  (Read 2019 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
My quest for an exclusive interview with J Allard
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:49:07 PM »

From the Zunerama blog:

The other day I was talking with my slacker friend Jim and, knowing about this humble website, he asked if I'd scored an interview with Bill Gates yet.

Now, I like to think of Zunerama as a decent-sized fish in the very small pond of successful Zune websites... but I don't expect to have hit Bill's radar quite yet. But Jim's question got me thinking: What about J Allard?

Allard, as you may know, is the top gun on Microsoft's Zune team - leader of design and development, and recently expanding his role to include business development. Allard is a heavy hitter. He's credited with overseeing Microsoft's wildly successful Xbox and Xbox 360 projects. He's also renowned for having a great influence on shaping Microsoft's Internet strategies.

So I don't expect this to be a cakewalk. I'm going to have to justify why Allard might want to give up a coffee break to spend a little time with Zunerama. I'm aware, for example, that even mega-tech-blog Engadget only got 20 minutes of Allard's time during the Zune pre-launch. He's had few interviews that I'm aware of with mega-sites or the legitimate press - let alone a modest Zune blog like Zunerama.

But I like a challenge, too. So, today, I'm announcing my goal of scoring an exclusive interview with J Allard.

Stay tuned for updates as I develop strategies, tactics, and timeframes. Oh, and if you've got his number, please email me with it. Smiley

Jander
Global Moderator
zune overlord

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ.

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
Re: My quest for an exclusive interview with J Allard
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:55:38 PM »

Hmm, try bribing him with a cake shaped like a Zune, or a Cake spelled Zunerama Wink

Good luck! After hearing he was heading the Zune team, we really haven't heard a peep from him.  We know they were hiring, so they're expanding, and that recent podcast we heard with Leo they've moved into a more permanent location in Redmond.  But J. Allard, I'm sure he has some interesting thoughts many inquiring minds would like to know...

GK86
zune master

You and your third dimension.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 11:18:46 PM »

I hope you get that interview.  I would love to know what are his thoughts are on the Zune, it's competetion and it's future.  Good Luck Ed.

Master Shake: But look, I mean...is he gonna be able to chase us? `Cuz if I woke up lookin' like that, I would just run toward the nearest living thing and kill it.
segadc
zune master

<o>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 05:43:08 AM »

Awesome good luck!

coot66
Global Moderator
zune master

The Coot King

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:30:12 AM »

An interview sounds like a great idea. Go for it! It'd be fascinating to here where the Zune is going and get an official word.

-The Official Coot66

Retired Zune Master/Ambassador. Zune Enthusiast. Zunerama Moderator.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List