Zunerama logo   
News: Read the latest in our Zune blog

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 10, 2011, 01:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MARCH MADNESS from Speck: Win a limited edition *brown* Canvas Sport case!  (Read 20087 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
MARCH MADNESS from Speck: Win a limited edition *brown* Canvas Sport case!
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:55:16 AM »

You've probably seen the sporty black-and-white Canvas Sport cases from Speck - or even seen our photo review. Now, Speck is offering Zunerama members a chance to win a limited edition BROWN canvas sport case for your Zune!

These are so "limited edition" that I don't have a pic of them yet - *Update 3/26/07: just got the shipment of them from Speck - here they are!!

You can see all of Speck's products for Zune at http://www.speckproducts.com/zune

Enter early, to be eligible for all 10 drawings..!!

RULES

To enter, post a reply to this thread, telling us about a positive experience you've had with your Zune.

One entry per Zunerama member; duplicate entries will be deleted. You only need to enter once to be eligible for all drawings. Limit one Zune case per Zunerama member. Also, entries for this contest are limited to people with shipping addresses in the US and Canada.

We'll draw two random winners every Monday, Wednesday, Friday from March 28 through April 6. 

Winners will be posted in the winner's list at the end of this post. Zunerama will send an email message to each selected winner, using the email address from your forum profile. You must respond to the email within 10 days to claim your prize, and to let us know your shipping info.

Good luck, Zunerama members! And thanks, Speck!

WINNERS:
Wed Mar 28, 2007 - Out of Memory
Wed Mar 28, 2007 - jonnyt
Fri Mar 30, 2007 - Sniperman
Fri Mar 30, 2007 - coot66
Mon Apr 02, 2007 - vkoser
Mon Apr 02, 2007 - toreen
Wed Apr 04, 2007 - addicted2shopping
Wed Apr 04, 2007 - zonelord001
Fri Apr 06, 2007 - theorie
Fri Apr 06, 2007 - tbird
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 12:41:38 AM by admin » Logged

coot66
Global Moderator
zune master

The Coot King

View Profile
Re: MARCH MADNESS from Speck: Win a limited edition *brown* Canvas Sport case!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:29:30 AM »

First to enter means I probably won't win, but, here goes!

A positive experience I had with my Zune involved a classmate and me. I managed to get the audiobook we were reading for English on to my Zune and he was asking me to get him a copy. I pointed out how I'd be able to this alot easier if he had a Zune rather than an iPod. I showed him my Zune, explained the wireless feature, showed the superior screen, and he ended up buying one! Score 1 for the Zune Team!

-The First Coot66

Retired Zune Master/Ambassador. Zune Enthusiast. Zunerama Moderator.

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:10:42 AM »

Likin' that! Thanks, Coot!

RageKage
zune trooper

kooladeguy@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 12:15:37 PM »

I bought mine shortly after launch and came to school (Which is HEAVY with iPod users) and put it on my desk as I listened to it in study. I got so many "That's a weird case", "Did they come out with a new iPod?", and "Nice poop case"

I ended up just standing up and going "This is a Zune, and this is why it's better than the iPod." and listed the reasons.

Several of my classmates got one the weekend after.

I'm amazed at how many people think iPod is the ONLY mp3 player out there.

Anyway, hope I win.

ellechim
zune dog

William Murderface Murderface Murderface.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 12:21:25 PM »

I am the mother of a 7 year old, and  having been unfortunate enough to encounter the flu this year, we found ourselves in the local ER. My daughter had a fever of 103.7 and was totally miserable. We were left to wait in a standard ER stall for the on-call pediatrician who was very busy. Zune to the rescue! I try not to parent with TV, but boy howdy can it be an excellent anesthetic! I just cued up Nemo, and each of us used one of my marshmallow earbuds. It took her mind off of feeling horrible, and took my mind off of being in a tiny white stall with an infectious child, surrounded by other afflicted people for 90 minutes.
Three days later when I found myself bedridden with the flu and my own high fever, I just curled up under a pile of blankets and listened to the adventures of Harry Potter while I drifted in and out of sleep. Nice.
jmmhooper
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 12:29:44 PM »

The positive experience I had had with my Zune was when I talked my niece into buying one.  Her whole family uses macs and all have iPods but she wanted a larger screen for her "office" episodes and fell in love with the larger screen when I showed her!

So one more sale and person in the social!

Fozzus
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 12:34:16 PM »

I loved my zune so much i searched the web looking for nifty things about it and found/ended up here on zunerama.com. woooo
globe91skate
zune trooper

I spilled the pea's..ssshhhh don't tell.

globe91skate
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 02:37:41 PM »

The most common positive experience that I have had with my Zune so far is just talking to all of my friends about it and actually getting a couple of them to buy one. When they first came out nobody exept for me and one of my friends even knew what a Zune was now all of my friends know what they are and are really jealous of my beautiful white zune.
jonnyt
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 02:39:53 PM »

well I've had my white zune for four months now, and I absolutely love it, I used to have an ipod video, which was fine at first but then it got gay it scratched easily, no background options, and everybody had them at school, I just wish there where more accesories for the zune (im sure they'll come), 've never had problems with it, i love the big album art display and the wireless sharing (my sis has a zune 2), and overall  im really happy with it. Smiley

ckoy
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »

Count me in. One positive experience with Zune was when I was in social studies for my last class. My buddy and I were working on our project when he whipped out an iPod Nano. He started talking about it and so I pulled out my Zune and handed it to him. He said "What's this thing called?" I replied, "Zune." he answered "What? Zucchini?" he started listening to it and said, "This sounds better than the iPod, I'm getting one!"  And so I explained to him the other quirks of the Zune. One more for the social.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:57:18 PM by ckoy » Logged
FearTheTerp
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 03:38:26 PM »

A positive experience i've had was during a very dreary, boring english class.  The idiot teacher's rules in class were no iPods, Cell Phones, Gameboys, so I pull out my Zune.  Took a nice little nap during class listening to music loud enough to drown out her voice, she said nothing to me.
RyanFavre
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 04:06:49 PM »

hey all, new to this forum, but i've visited the site for awhile now looking up the latest zune news.

as far as a positive zune story, heading up north (northern wisconsin) for my great grandfather's funeral could have been a boring and sad drive  but listening to music and watching videos (on a screen that puts the video ipod to shame) on my zune made it go my quick and kept my mind off of things.
eagleo
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »

My positive experience w/ zune was: I and my friend were working on our physics project together. During the break, I took out my Zune and started watching videos on it. "That looks kool, dude!!" my friend was curious since he'd never seen it before and I began telling him all the Zune features. About a week later, I got a fone call from him, asking: "hey, what is your type of iPod? I couldn't find it! I am at the Apple Store right now..." I was laughing and finally told him that mine was not an iPod, it was a Zune from Microsoft. Two days after, he showed me his Zune with a Speck case "I didn't know this is from Microsoft, dude! It looks much better than an iPod..."
For sure!
p3t3rxl1m
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »

haven't won anything yet from giveaways, but here goes:

another day at school, and we had something called a "chill day" where we dont do anything instead of learning. so everyones busting out their ipods, watching vidoes and listening to music. However, I bring out my zune, and start watching some southpark episodes on it. Then crowds gather around me, astonished by the superior screen on the zune compared to the ipod, and asks me what it is. Of course i say its a microsoft zune. They say "oh that new mp3 from microsoft?" and i just replied with "yea". Few weeks later, three or four people just from my spanish class got a zune. heh. Thats around 14 people i've convinced to get a zune, and got one. =]
zonelord001
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 05:52:24 PM »

So far, I have convinced 3 people to buy the zune, although 1 is thinking of exchanging her brown one for a black one. No problems, she just doesn't like the color anymore. Mine, now that my daughter also has one, is finally staying with me most of the time. One of my guys from work is also going to be getting one for his next "overseas" trip. He says his nano did not last the entire length of his last trip, so he is going to really see how much this thing can endure. Hope his lives through the experience.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List