Zunerama logo   
News: Register to join Zunerama forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2012, 07:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About the Zune FAQ  (Read 10048 times)
admin
Administrator
zune commando

View Profile WWW Email
About the Zune FAQ
« on: September 24, 2006, 08:58:17 AM »

The Zune FAQ
Maintained by Zunerama forum members

The Zune FAQ is now maintained on <this page>.

The FAQ is moderated by Zunerama and is maintained by its forum members. Anyone is welcome to post new questions; post your questions as new topics under this thread.

In reply to each question, our moderators will post an answer that contains the generally accepted answer to the question, and update the Zune FAQ page.

Anyone is welcome to post suggestions or corrections to existing answers. Post those as replies; the moderators will review those replies and update the Answer as appropriate.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 01:12:02 AM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged
king
zune n00bie

View Profile
Re: About the Zune FAQ
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:32:31 AM »

I've had my zune for about a week and a half and for some reason it will not turn off when i hold the play/pause button.  What should I do?
seaninator54
zune n00bie

Hey

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:23:32 PM »

Try to let it run out of battery, then charge it. if that dont work, exchange it or send it in to microsoft

Wraith777
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 08:47:10 AM »

Actually allthat does is pause it....you need to hold the  Back button while pressing down on the round pad..that really turns it off
valfitzandrew
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 05:35:35 AM »

Holding the BackButton down a n pressing the center of the select button down doesn't do anything on my Zune8, let alone turn it off. The only way I have gotten it off is to let it sit untouched for some time. When I pick it up again it seems to be off. Is it just resting?
Mockers
zune rockstar

Zune 120: 90% full

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »

Quote from: valfitzandrew on December 08, 2010, 05:35:35 AM
Holding the BackButton down a n pressing the center of the select button down doesn't do anything on my Zune8, let alone turn it off. The only way I have gotten it off is to let it sit untouched for some time. When I pick it up again it seems to be off. Is it just resting?

Probably. Leaving it alone just tells it to go into standby mode after a while (I forget how many minutes). If you don't turn it off once in a while it will get confused and reboot itself when you least expect it. Click and hold the Forward button... the one on the right. Your Zune screen should go black and the Zune will be turned off.

valfitzandrew
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 01:24:05 PM »

Pushing the right button seems to turn it off. Thanks! Now, if I stroke the Rocker Button it comes alive again.

I'll get the hang of it sometime. Bought Zune for Dummies. That's me. Lots of good stuff in there. Not written for my version though.
Mockers
zune rockstar

Zune 120: 90% full

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 07:23:19 PM »

You can also download the 2009 Zune Guide from this website. You'll find it on the home page. Lots of stuff in it is still relevant. Harv was going to update it, but I think he's too busy with his Kindle forum these days.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List