Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2007, 05:47:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Media Conversion  |  Tech Support - DVD-WMV (Moderator: tmgux)  |  Topic: burning movies to disc « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: burning movies to disc  (Read 138 times)
dupont operator
lil zuner

View Profile Email
burning movies to disc
« on: July 18, 2007, 01:12:17 PM »

Is it possible to burn a movie to a dvd after it is ripped? I just use all the free stuff and have not had a problem.  I was just wondering if its possible using the zune software or something else.  I know its supposed to illegal and all, but ya know...  I can put it on a disc as a data file i believe, but it wont play on a dvd player just my computer.  Does it have anything to do with being a .wmv. If so how do you change it?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 01:26:23 PM by dupont operator » Logged
pulse
zune master

View Profile
Re: burning movies to disc
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 02:37:35 PM »

Sure you can.  You need a DVD-R (or DVD+R, depending on what your dvd player can play).  I use dvdSanta to put all my .avi files on to DVD. 

You need to first get the file (whether it be .wmv, .avi, .mpeg, etc.) into a .vob DVD compliant form.  Then you burn it to a DVD.   Or, if you have an .iso file (DVD image) you can burn that to DVD too.

There's a few free programs out there that will do the job if you look hard enough. I was lucky enough to get dvdSanta  for free because it was on my friend's computer when I bought it from him.  It both converts and burns in one step, which makes it super easy.

If your looking to rip a full DVD (with clickable menus), that can be tricky, and your going to need DVD authoring software.  It's really not necessary though.  I tried doing it once but it's too complicated for my small brain.

PM me if you need help finding programs.
dupont operator
lil zuner

View Profile Email
Re: burning movies to disc
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 05:47:52 PM »

Thank you for the info! I will look for some programs.
Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Media Conversion  |  Tech Support - DVD-WMV (Moderator: tmgux)  |  Topic: burning movies to disc « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans