Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2007, 05:46:51 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Media Conversion  |  Tech Support - DVD-WMV (Moderator: tmgux)  |  Topic: At that critical boiling point of launching my zune through a potato gun « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: At that critical boiling point of launching my zune through a potato gun  (Read 405 times)
yumajoker
lil zuner

View Profile Email
At that critical boiling point of launching my zune through a potato gun
« on: February 12, 2007, 07:27:18 PM »

I have been reading and reading. I am at the point of whining too. That is really sad to get a 35 year old man to start whining.

Ok, I have downloaded Avex DVD to Zune(Paid and licensed) and (Avex DVD Ripper-Trial). I also got CUCU full suite (Paid and licensed).

What I thought I was getting, was software that would rip the dvd and convert it so my zune could play it. So far I have been able to use the Avex to rip and render into an MP4 (?) format, which THEN must be converted again by the zune software. This is not what I wanted to pay for.

When I use the Avex DVD to Zune software to convert to WMV I get an error that says "WMV profile failed to initialize" So I uninstalled it, rebooted, reinstalled, and got the same results.

But when I use the AVex DVD ripper-trial version, it works, but then the ZUne software still converts it again.

I don't understand why one version will work but the other won't. I also don't understand why the software labels itself as a Zune converter if it doesn't convert directly into the acceptable format to be loaded onto the zune.

I have checked the output file resolution size already.

If anyone can help me resolve in the least, it would help me alleviate some aggravation.

Thank you.
 Wink
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Re: At that critical boiling point of launching my zune through a potato gun
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »

I have not used Avex. I have used Cucusoft though, quite a bit. Are you able to rip and convert with Cucusoft? It should produce Zune-compatible videos for you. Make sure you are specifying a zune profile - and not an .mp4 or other profile.

Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Media Conversion  |  Tech Support - DVD-WMV (Moderator: tmgux)  |  Topic: At that critical boiling point of launching my zune through a potato gun « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans