Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2007, 02:00:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zune with a "zed" « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Zune with a "zed"  (Read 910 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Zune with a "zed"
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:38:29 PM »

From the Zunerama blog:

As I peruse my Zune's playlists, it reads like a brochure for Canadian content: Barenaked Ladies, Nickelback, Sarah McLachlan, Bryan Adams, Colin James, Tragically Hip, Blue Rodeo, Alanis Morissette, Gordon Lightfoot, Bruce Cockburn, Leonard Cohen, Diana Krall, Shania Twain, Neil Young, k.d. lang, Cowboy Junkies...

...and I'm not even fessin' up to the Celine tracks that somehow got synced. Confound that wife of mine - playing with the Zune Pass again!!

I feel a mild sense of irony as I view this very Canuck-ish playlist - in that Zune is not yet available to our northernly neighbors neighbours.

Heck, even one of the better Zune sites (zunethoughts.com) is a Canadian operation, and its editors had to cross the 49th from Alberta - in dark of night, no doubt - to get their hands on their Zune players. And they - like all Canadians - are currently restricted from buying Marketplace content, because you need a credit card tied to a U.S. address in order to sign up.

The latest guidance from Microsoft is that it's on track to sell a million Zunes by June (and I've seen no evidence to the contrary). I have to believe that somewhere in Redmond there's a world map on a war-room wall, with a little sticky over Ottawa that indicates the Canadian rollout date.

Maybe it's my Canadian roots showing (I'm a "dual"), but I think it's high time that Microsoft announce that date. It's time to see a Zune with a 'zed'!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 04:47:39 PM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged

lenny
zune trooper

Plutonians are teh suck

View Profile Email
Re: Zune with a "zed"
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 05:54:19 PM »

yeah im half canadian but i live in america

-lenny
glowbee
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:14:32 PM »

Well, since the European and Australian launches are slated for this year, perhaps it will be lumped in with them. Although heaven knows why they didn't just have a North American release that included them in the first place, unless there's some obstacle that's making it harder to get into Canada that we don't know about. Perhaps they're waiting for the outcome Canada's reinvigorated effort to get an MP3 player tax pushed though.

Sorry, MS. Nothing personal.
RageKage
zune trooper

Brown Zune Owner

kooladeguy@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 06:37:30 PM »

i've got a lot of Canadian friends who want Zune's. Hopefully, they bring them over.

If not, theirs always E-bay.

xune
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »

i just assumed it was already sold in canada.

what's a "zed" by the why?

Zune2... it's got wifi, large screen, radio... iPod classic can't "touch" this. Wink
HellboyOne
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 08:38:58 PM »

Quote from: xoom on February 12, 2007, 08:03:00 PM

what's a "zed" by the why?

It's the letter "Z" in the Queen's English.  And in Canada, too, apparently.  (Didn't know that.)

Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 10:14:53 PM »

Yes, I grew up in Canada where the alphabet ends "w - x - y- zed", and it took me a long time to get comfortable saying "zee".

Now I alternate based on which side of the border I happen to be on.

ella785
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 06:08:18 AM »

I believe that Microsoft should really focus on launching the Zune internationally. There is a large percentage of people outside the United States that have been craving for the Zune. If they shift thier focus a little bit towards the international scene then I believe that they will make a killing in no time flat.
inflamesfan018
zune commando

jesterheads united

inflamesfan018@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 08:48:55 AM »

my cousins live in Australia, and they say Zed as well, doesn't Britain use that same alphabet also?

You taught my heart, a sense i never knew i had, i can't forget the times that i was lost and depressed from the awful truth, how do you do it, you're my Heroine
You won't leave me alone, chisel my heart out of stone, i give in every time.
Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zune with a "zed" « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans