Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2007, 05:45:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Media Conversion  |  Tech Support - DVD-WMV (Moderator: tmgux)  |  Topic: Re: How to: Convert DVD to WMV for Zune (Free programs) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Re: How to: Convert DVD to WMV for Zune (Free programs)  (Read 3202 times)
anthoMaz
lil zuner

1 of Aussies First Zuners!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 02:13:48 PM »

error again.... Angry Angry

why does this happen to me..? Cry

any way to fix this..? Huh

DaNova
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 07:14:51 PM »

I tried it but it stopes in Step 2 in te extracig AC3 thing, what should I do?
tmgux
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 05:04:21 AM »

Im not an expert on the program. I would try asking over in DVD-WMVs forums for some help.

http://www.dvd-wmv.com/Forum/

Convert DVDs to Zune for Free:
http://zunerama.com/forum/index.php?topic=1774.0
Convert YouTube to Zune for Free:
http://zunerama.com/forum/index.php?topic=1208.0
ACLineman
zune-ologist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 02:12:19 PM »

This way seems kind of shaky at best.
 I went to Best Buy and Circuit city (where I bought my zune) and asked about the Cucusoft Zune Video Converter Suite, and told them I wanted to use it to convert DVD movies to my zune.

They told me I could do that with the zune software that came with the zune.
I think the guy was confused and I told him I had movies (my personal stuff like my kids football games,,,etc already on the zune using the zune software.

What I want to do (and maybe I'm confused on this) is convert DVD's I bought such as Pirates of the Caribbean Dead man's chest (copyrighted stuff that I own) to the computer so I can load it to the zune . The guy at Circuit City told me that that's illegal and There is no software to do that.

I thought it's only illegal if you copy and sell it or show it for profit?
I used to make copies of my video's all the time.  I bought these DVD's and just want to be able to have them in the Zune for when we're on the go.

Anyone use the Cucusoft Zune Video Converter Suite, and does it do what i'm after? I would imagine if it does it must be legal if there slling it right, or am I off base?
 I bought the zune cause the salesman (younger guy) told me "oh this thing is cool , you can load 100 hours of video and watch movies on it"

www.CHEVYTHUNDER.NET  & www.CarolinaSkiffOwner.com   ....CHECK OUT MY SITES !!!!  Zune member# 1433 !!!!
coot66
zune master

The Coot King

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 04:23:53 AM »

I'm not sure if this is legal either. A lot of DVD have the little "No Copies" picture on the back, but are still broken via this program. But I'm sure you won't get into trouble unless you actually sell copies...

-The Legal Coot66

Free iPods Below!

http://friends.ipodsweepstakes.com/r/999b46c80500102ab833
olion597
zune commando

plamotte@chartermi.net olion597
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 01:47:07 PM »

This way seems kind of shaky at best.
 I went to Best Buy and Circuit city (where I bought my zune) and asked about the Cucusoft Zune Video Converter Suite, and told them I wanted to use it to convert DVD movies to my zune.

They told me I could do that with the zune software that came with the zune.
I think the guy was confused and I told him I had movies (my personal stuff like my kids football games,,,etc already on the zune using the zune software.

What I want to do (and maybe I'm confused on this) is convert DVD's I bought such as Pirates of the Caribbean Dead man's chest (copyrighted stuff that I own) to the computer so I can load it to the zune . The guy at Circuit City told me that that's illegal and There is no software to do that.

I thought it's only illegal if you copy and sell it or show it for profit?
I used to make copies of my video's all the time.  I bought these DVD's and just want to be able to have them in the Zune for when we're on the go.

Anyone use the Cucusoft Zune Video Converter Suite, and does it do what i'm after? I would imagine if it does it must be legal if there slling it right, or am I off base?
 I bought the zune cause the salesman (younger guy) told me "oh this thing is cool , you can load 100 hours of video and watch movies on it"

It's somewhat illegal.  It's illegal to break the encryption on DVD's, that's the law.  You're just not allowed to do it.  However, the law also states that you're allowed to make backups of your discs, so in order to do something legal, you have to do something illegal, a contradiction of law.  The movie/record industry won't go after you if you do it to get the movie on your Zune.  If they do then just about everyone's going to be p*ssed off at them.  They'll only sue if you distribute it, copy it and give it away, or sell it.
trashbuckett80
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 05:02:51 PM »

i get pretty far into the installation but at the end were it says (Step 4.
Just click on "Full Movie Backup" on the left of the screen, sit back and watch the magic. Depending on how fast your computer is, you will have a WMV perfectly ready for your zune.)
it pops up with something saying No Movie DVD in Drive I but i dont understand why? i have a dvd in their try both slots with an actual same dvd and a blank dvd thats when i get confuse if u can peeps can you get a hold of me and teach me what im doing wrong thanks
tmgux
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 07:17:06 PM »

i get pretty far into the installation but at the end were it says (Step 4.
Just click on "Full Movie Backup" on the left of the screen, sit back and watch the magic. Depending on how fast your computer is, you will have a WMV perfectly ready for your zune.)
it pops up with something saying No Movie DVD in Drive I but i dont understand why? i have a dvd in their try both slots with an actual same dvd and a blank dvd thats when i get confuse if u can peeps can you get a hold of me and teach me what im doing wrong thanks

Open up My Computer and look for the name of your dvd. There should be a letter next to it like (D:) or (E:) etc. Write down this letter. When you edit the settings in step 3 in DVD-WMV, look for DVD Drive. Make sure your proper dvd drive is seleted there.

ajwho
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 11:33:07 PM »

Questions!

I tried ripping two things: Seinfeld and Finding Nemo.

Seinfeld only pulled out 45 minutes (two episodes, I think) out of the entire disc of 6 episodes.
Nemo pulled out a video file of the directors talking along with the movie.  It ripped the wrong thing.  I'm not talking about the audio track itself.  I'm saying that it chose the feature of the DVD where it would give additional information along with the movie.

How do I choose the video to rip?  I'm sick of getting these terrible rips.

Thanks.
supmag
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 08:06:21 PM »

Thank you very much for posting this.  I have done around 8 movies and it has worked fine, no problems except one dvd gave a little bit of a problem so i just restarted the process and it worked.  Only question I have is why do some of the movies appear to be stretched top to bottom.  I know you wrote to click on widescreen to get rid of the black bars, does this apply if a dvd is originally in full screen?  I guess when should I  click widescreen?? Just with widescreen dvds, full screen dvds or both??  Once again thank you very much for taking the time. I would have never know what to put in those settings.  This is my first time ever on a blog and it is great.  I was really stuck and had no where else to turn and th information here is the best.  The other sites do not even come close to the content located here and the generosity of the contributors. 
Dan_e
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 11:45:20 PM »

wow this is a really good tutorial I just got 2 Family Guy episodes on my shiny new zune (black by the way) Thanks!

(wow my first post) Roll Eyes
mrpetey2u
zune-ologist

mrpetey2u@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 08:04:13 AM »

This works just as specified.

Thanks to all the free programs and the people who figured this out.

Pete

That's MR.Petey 2 U
TexRo
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »

I tried this process and ended up with a top notch video file but no audio.  This is on all devices I have tried. 

DVD-WMV worked as expected with no errors.

Any thoughts?

I have had good luck using FairUse 2 creating a much smaller AVI file, around 700MB.  Output file looks good but blacks do pixelize a bit.  Rename the file to WMV (thanks to another poster) so sync can see it and then name it back to AVI then convert.
tmgux
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 09:32:47 AM »

Questions!

I tried ripping two things: Seinfeld and Finding Nemo.

Seinfeld only pulled out 45 minutes (two episodes, I think) out of the entire disc of 6 episodes.
Nemo pulled out a video file of the directors talking along with the movie.  It ripped the wrong thing.  I'm not talking about the audio track itself.  I'm saying that it chose the feature of the DVD where it would give additional information along with the movie.

How do I choose the video to rip?  I'm sick of getting these terrible rips.

Thanks.

Are you sure its not just the wrong audio track being used? If thats the case its an easy fix (just trying the process again with the other English track)

If it is infact a different video stream, im not quite sure what you would do to fix that. Maybe a better place to look would be the DVD-WMV forums

tmgux
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 09:33:54 AM »

error again.... Angry Angry

why does this happen to me..? Cry

any way to fix this..? Huh

Yes, this is a known issue with the latest build of DVD-WMV (build 20). I would go to thier site and download build 19.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  Media Conversion  |  Tech Support - DVD-WMV (Moderator: tmgux)  |  Topic: Re: How to: Convert DVD to WMV for Zune (Free programs) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans