Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2007, 05:23:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Zune Community Center (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: more ways to enjoy your zune? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: more ways to enjoy your zune?  (Read 917 times)
Zuneary Bypass
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« on: February 09, 2007, 12:23:13 PM »

well, seeing as i'm new here, i wanted to ask some people about ways to make the zune more efficient. the first question being, why does the zune skip when you have the backlight off, and when it is on, it doesn't (might only happen if you have lots of music on it). the second being why the darn thing has the worst battery life i ahve ever seen! i need to charge it every few days, and with my wifes, excuse my french, ipod, she charges it every week or so, and she drives 20 more minutes to work then i do! is there any other battery that i could put in there that i could finally not have to charge so often?. thirdly, i liked the zune pass, so i bought it for a month and got 1500 songs or so, and now, month and a half after i canceled the pass, my items have expired. i tried to be sneaky and move the files out of the zune folder, but to no avail. is there any site/converter/drm remover i could download OTHER than soundtaxi out there..free would be nice, but if theres any free..it would be nice. and finally, i didn't want black, but i didn't really want white or brown (though i like the brown more now) so i took black. if i was to take apart the zune and replace the battery, would it be possible to either chemically or manually strip the black off the inside of the case? i know all tha would be involved in taking everything off, except i think the buttons have some weird copper backing that holds them on and i want to know if i can just respray them with a..more friendly color. it would be cool to also have some embedded something under the blue plastic. i know that the thing is double shot, and was just wondering if i could, cause if i can have more battery, and different colors, i think i might die (in a good way)

addicted2shopping
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 06:30:40 AM »

If you don't like the black you should put a skin on it instead.  This is what I did to mine.  Skinit.com and decalgirl.com offer many choices for the Zune.  Check them out before you tear your Zune apart!  Undecided

Also search the forums for battery life- a lot has been posted on this topic.
Nop829
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:05:35 AM »

When you are not using your zune do you turn it all the way off or just put in hibernate mode? If you just let it sit that could be one reason the battery life is lasting only so long.

As for the the songs you got on your zune pass, i don't know if using a program to remove the DRM is entirely legal so all I'll say is google. personally I would just say instead of using zune pass, just buy a MS points card at a music store or wall mart and buy the songs/albums you want. Then, you won't have to worry about them expiring.

with changing the color, I'm with addicted2shopping, just go to a site that sells skins for zunes and get something like that, that way if in a few months you want something else it won't take much effort to change the skin.

bossalways
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 05:18:31 PM »

Re battery, get the Belkin battery - cost 50 bucks, but gives me an extra 6 hours of battery power.
dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 04:22:36 PM »

it's a portable charger right?  Huh

jbernardi
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 12:47:19 PM »

It's an extra battery and a wall charger that charges both batteries.

Here's a link:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=4185770
rakka981
lil zuner

amy9813
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »

1 question aren't the portable chargers expensive?

rakka estrada
Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Zune Community Center (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: more ways to enjoy your zune? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans