Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2007, 02:56:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: About battery life « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: About battery life  (Read 5097 times)
anothertechy
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
Re: About battery life
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 04:08:24 AM »

Quote from: ronaldmonster on February 08, 2007, 10:26:25 AM
Ok well I just wanted to give everyone an explanation as to why the actual battery life only last 7-8 hours not the 14-16 hours Microsoft originally boasted.

Well see first of all it's like when they test a car, they don't actually drive it. They put it on a platform with a single gallon of gas, switch it on, and let these pedestals turn the tires until it's out of gas they calculate the car got X amount miles on a single gallon, we'll just say 40. But what they don't tell you is, that when wind resistance, going fast, traffic, etc you may end up with 28 instead of the original 40 as promised.

But you see where I'm going?

Like the Zune or iPOD or any other mp3 player on the market. The way they test it is, go to play list, click shuffle music and let it play until the battery is completely dead. They say it X amount of time before it went dead we will say 8 hours. But what they didn't test was, you accessing the hard drive, you looking at pictures, watching a 20 minute video, etc. And when all that is said and done you only have 3 hours of battery life.

So don't feel like your battery is defective or anything it's just the way everything is tested. Even the iPOD is getting the same amount of battery life.
I think thart's pretty interesting, haha I actually bought a Zune a little over a week ago and I took it back like two days after using it. I took it back cause of Battery Issues, but since the new Zunes have been announced I'm glad I took my Zune back and I will definitly be getting a new Zune. !! Smiley
margerine
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2007, 07:14:04 AM »

Is there any word on battery life for the new ones? I've not personally seen that information yet.

Edit - NEvermind, still testing. I sure hope it's better than 8 hours in real world situations.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 07:58:54 AM by margerine » Logged
MrJoe
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2007, 08:59:21 PM »

I've had my zune for a couple months, and I get about 5-10 hours out of a charge depending upon whether I just listen to music or play with the other features.  This is a little better than the ipod nano battery life I'd get when I used to borrow my friend's ipod, but I think the battery was a bit run down on the nano.
djricorich
zune-ologist

Soldado De LA Roca

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2007, 08:51:32 PM »

Quote from: margerine on October 04, 2007, 07:14:04 AM
Is there any word on battery life for the new ones? I've not personally seen that information yet.

Edit - NEvermind, still testing. I sure hope it's better than 8 hours in real world situations.

zune-online clams they now it frm engadget.com

http://www.zune-online.com/news/zune/zune-2-battery-life-reports.html

Dj RicoRich Baby!!
Un Soldado De LA Roca!!!!!
Will Da Zuner
zune-ologist

Australian Zuner

elijah_16@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2007, 02:05:35 AM »

ill bet a bigger screen cant help the battery life that much

zuneblack
zune-ologist

Mglupo@aol.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2007, 03:38:56 AM »

My battery is starting to go limp hold charge but not as much

Xbox 360 Gamertag: SirupyCub
Trastan
zune commando

Find me on XBox Live!

animasaki@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2007, 08:22:06 PM »

Quote from: djricorich on October 06, 2007, 08:51:32 PM
Quote from: margerine on October 04, 2007, 07:14:04 AM

zune-online clams they now it frm engadget.com

http://www.zune-online.com/news/zune/zune-2-battery-life-reports.html

Actually, Engaget only got it from Amazon, just like those of us here. It has since been taking down from Amazon, and those battery life claims, while possibly accurate, are likely an error on Amazon's part.

blorsung
lil zuner

253906341 polarboy49
View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2007, 10:48:06 AM »

Personally, I'm really satisfied with how long the battery lasts. I like to leave mine on shuffle and it can for a long time if you just leave it going without accessing the hard drive or turning on the backlight. Another way that I've figured you can save battery life is to turn off your wireless while you are not using it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: About battery life « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans