Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2007, 02:56:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: About battery life « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: About battery life  (Read 5097 times)
The Skeptik
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2007, 12:20:18 AM »

I can't believe nobody mentioned the importance of the initial charge.  I find it best to fully charge it right away no matter how tempting it is to just mess with it right away!  If you pull it straight ou of the box and fiddle with it before charging you could have a memory issue.  Memory issues are BAD.
Kaiser
zune master

Dance Infinitum!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2007, 10:59:21 AM »

I thought that modern Li-ion setups were designed to have minimal memory effect. Anyway, if you leave it alone after setup on your PC it shouldn't take long to fully charge, since generally they have a pretty healthy charge on them out of the box.

"So, Scientology, you win THIS round, but the million-year battle for the Earth has just begun!" - Trey Parker & Matt Stone
royce2089
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2007, 10:04:52 AM »

The battery life is the only problem that I've had with my zune so far. Actually I wouldn't even call it a problem, thats just the way it is. Thats why they sell so many different kinds of chargers so that you can charge almost anywhere.
BadUsername3
zune n00bie

SpikeD1991
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2007, 12:46:21 AM »

hey man, thanks for clearing up some of the confusion a few of us may have had. I drain my battery pretty quickly, then again I'm always charging/syncing throughout the day. yes, not my best idea but back to the point... Thanks  Grin
bunnybash
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2007, 08:18:24 AM »

hmm it seems that no one else has mentioned it, but one of the biggest vacuums of power from a Li Ion battery is DRM... if you are playing music with DRM on it, it will suck the crap outta your battery cause the processor is not only playing the music but continues to work harder trying to process the DRM throughout the songs too...

whenever you can for many many many many reasons go DRM free... i know of some people who remove DRM from songs that they have bought for no other reason than because they see up to 33% better battery life by removing the DRM...

This DRM issue is the only problem i have with the Zune subscription... having your battery life suck cause every song is DRMed to hell...
Kaiser
zune master

Dance Infinitum!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »

I'm not sure about this, so anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Zune, at some level, still encode songs in some kind of digital management protection, or does it only do this to files received via WiFi sharing?

"So, Scientology, you win THIS round, but the million-year battle for the Earth has just begun!" - Trey Parker & Matt Stone
bunnybash
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2007, 06:12:37 PM »

if the songs are from your computer, and you have ripped them from CD, then there is no DRM... UNTIL they are sent via wifi...

But no the Zune will not encase your music in DRM whilst you are using it on your devices, unless of course that music is purchased from the Marketplace... then it is wrapped up snug in it's evil battery sucking DRM!   Undecided
brittpenguin
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »

thanks for the dummy explaination, i needed it!  Grin
f3rm1n
lil zuner

ZUNE KILLS

f3rm1n
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2007, 09:04:07 AM »

This really does explain why i need to keep charging my zune
since i use it so much  Cheesy but it really was no suprise since my
old ipod was the same

No time to get down cause I'm moving up!

Gofthick
zune-ologist

Keeping the turtles cool

cheesecake_haggis@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2007, 10:57:15 AM »

hmm it seems that no one else has mentioned it, but one of the biggest vacuums of power from a Li Ion battery is DRM... if you are playing music with DRM on it, it will suck the crap outta your battery cause the processor is not only playing the music but continues to work harder trying to process the DRM throughout the songs too...

whenever you can for many many many many reasons go DRM free... i know of some people who remove DRM from songs that they have bought for no other reason than because they see up to 33% better battery life by removing the DRM...

This DRM issue is the only problem i have with the Zune subscription... having your battery life suck cause every song is DRMed to hell...

Oh boy, isn't DRM fun boys and girls? Cheesy

Lord Moon
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »

This is one thing that is killing me.  My iPod could last about 4 days busing back and forth from home to work.  The Zune is only lasting 2 days.

SINED, SEELED, and DELIVERED
Vasquez CP1
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2007, 09:02:18 PM »

I hope the next Zune improves battery life. I tend to have to recharge nightly, which isn't a huge deal, but every other night would be better...

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

cellocello
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »

Regardless of explanation(s); the battery life is a bit disappointing.

Hopefully a firmware update can squeeze out a bit more juice.
DenyBe
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2007, 12:08:32 PM »

if you put low brightness and 1 sec backlight, the batterey life is fine
korneel
zune trooper

nu_ikke@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2007, 10:46:30 AM »

Thanks for the information  Grin

mszune.nl - forum mod
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: About battery life « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans