Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2007, 02:56:21 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: About battery life « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: About battery life  (Read 5097 times)
Efureyous
zune dog

View Profile Email
Re: About battery life
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 06:08:39 AM »

I think that the battery indicator is not exact! Mine gets to about half rather quick but then stays there for a while. I have even seen it move back and Fourth!
surfnc25
zune dog

"when the surf's good nobody works"

srfwilm
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 06:38:27 AM »

Quote from: Efureyous on March 08, 2007, 06:08:39 AM
I think that the battery indicator is not exact! Mine gets to about half rather quick but then stays there for a while. I have even seen it move back and Fourth!

Oh yeah I totally agree with the indicator not being exact, mine will be full then be down a lil within 15 mins.  Also it will jump around to, which I find strange but what can ya do.  I think I'm just going to chalk it up and live with the battery life the way it is.  I will only be using it at the gym mainly so that is  1 to 2 hours tops.  When I travel (which is not a whole lot) I will just remember to take my wall/car charger to charge up if I want to watch a whole movie without draining the battery completely.
Roschili
zune dog

ziggythasnail Roschili
View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 09:17:43 PM »

does anyone know if there are any planned firmware upgrades that will effect the battery life?

ppl in real life i know with a zune = 6
GK86
zune master

You and your third dimension.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 11:11:15 PM »

Quote from: surfnc25 on March 08, 2007, 06:38:27 AM
Oh yeah I totally agree with the indicator not being exact, mine will be full then be down a lil within 15 mins.  Also it will jump around to, which I find strange but what can ya do. 

Yeah that happens to me as well.  Which reminds me they should have an option to see how many hours until your battery dies.

Master Shake: But look, I mean...is he gonna be able to chase us? `Cuz if I woke up lookin' like that, I would just run toward the nearest living thing and kill it.
thehikingdude
zune trooper

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 11:14:47 PM »

Quote from: Roschili on March 08, 2007, 09:17:43 PM
does anyone know if there are any planned firmware upgrades that will effect the battery life?

From what I've read v1.3 will increase battery life slightly while fixing an issue with the built-in FM receiver.

10,000+ Zune Pass Songs and counting
tbird
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 09:41:07 PM »

Quote from: GK86 on March 08, 2007, 11:11:15 PM
Oh yeah I totally agree with the indicator not being exact, mine will be full then be down a lil within 15 mins.  Also it will jump around to, which I find strange but what can ya do. 

Yeah that happens to me as well.  Which reminds me they should have an option to see how many hours until your battery dies.
That would be an option that, IMO would be a lot more usefull that a clock.

Long Live the Zune 30!
Dio1080
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 08:20:35 AM »

Quote from: thehikingdude on March 08, 2007, 11:14:47 PM
Quote from: Roschili on March 08, 2007, 09:17:43 PM

From what I've read v1.3 will increase battery life slightly while fixing an issue with the built-in FM receiver.

I hope so, my battery is going way to fast, just cutting my grass for 2 hours when it was fully chargesd, it was at the very end when I was done.

Socom legend, Will be a owner of a PS3 on March 9, 2007.
zonelord001
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 01:32:29 PM »

Ok, first real life trial for battery life just concluded. 3 round trips to Atlanta (90 minutes each way) total roughly 10 hours w/ traffic. Battery still showing 1 "bar." I was skipping through songs, so if this is any indicator, I will be thoroughly pleased with the battery life. At least until I get the car kit.  Smiley

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
ronaldmonster
zune commando

ronaldmonster thatblackguytep
View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 01:04:10 AM »

Quote from: Efureyous on March 08, 2007, 06:08:39 AM

Oh yeah I totally agree with the indicator not being exact, mine will be full then be down a lil within 15 mins.  Also it will jump around to, which I find strange but what can ya do.  I think I'm just going to chalk it up and live with the battery life the way it is.  I will only be using it at the gym mainly so that is  1 to 2 hours tops.  When I travel (which is not a whole lot) I will just remember to take my wall/car charger to charge up if I want to watch a whole movie without draining the battery completely.

Same here. I mean it said I had 25% life left after I watched a movie than boom it has 50% a few minutes later.

Quote from: Jander on October 08, 2007, 01:27:22 AM
Quote from: ronaldmonster on October 08, 2007, 12:35:56 AM
why you gotta hack so much!?

That's my new catch phrase.
toreen
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2007, 12:01:30 PM »

If my Zune's battery is broken or drains out of power quickly and I replace it with a new one, will I lose all my songs, videos and photos?
pulse
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2007, 01:37:24 PM »

Quote from: toreen on April 28, 2007, 12:01:30 PM
If my Zune's battery is broken or drains out of power quickly and I replace it with a new one, will I lose all my songs, videos and photos?

No.  All your media is stored on the hard drive, not the battery.
Pecker
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2007, 05:07:55 AM »

Battery life is reduced quicker if you have higher bit rate songs.  So if all your songs are at say 296kbs the battery will run out quicker than the same songs played at 128kbs

The format also has an effect on the battery life.

Using the player whilst listening to songs reduces the battery life as the back light is on and the player is having to work more than just playback.

Having the battery light set to the minimum will also maximise battery life.

Also lower volumes favours better battery life as the electricity to power you headphones comes from the head phone jack, so the higher the volume the more electricity is required to power the cans so bat life is reduced.

Many companys use 64kbs songs on mp3 format, then just leave it playing.

So you will never get the stated batt life as you will always use your player more than once (changing songs volume etc)
trillondeck
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2007, 08:41:12 AM »

Quote from: Pecker on May 03, 2007, 05:07:55 AM
Battery life is reduced quicker if you have higher bit rate songs.  So if all your songs are at say 296kbs the battery will run out quicker than the same songs played at 128kbs

The format also has an effect on the battery life.

Using the player whilst listening to songs reduces the battery life as the back light is on and the player is having to work more than just playback.

Having the battery light set to the minimum will also maximise battery life.

Also lower volumes favours better battery life as the electricity to power you headphones comes from the head phone jack, so the higher the volume the more electricity is required to power the cans so bat life is reduced.

Many companys use 64kbs songs on mp3 format, then just leave it playing.

So you will never get the stated batt life as you will always use your player more than once (changing songs volume etc)

we basicly knew all that already

Pecker
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 08:58:16 AM »

Well the first post in the topic  is pretty obvious,

I thought id just add to it. 

Sorry 4 contributing
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:01:02 AM by Pecker » Logged
guitaristfromhell
lil zuner

i am a guitarist

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »

that aint cool dissing on Pecker lol..........the thing ive noticed about my zune batt. is for some reason.......its like a shoe...you gotta break it in....i get more time using my zune now then i did when i first bought the damn thing...i dont know why but....  Smiley

#GuiTarIst*~FroM~*HeLL#
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: About battery life « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans