Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2007, 02:56:19 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: About battery life « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: About battery life  (Read 5097 times)
anas
lil zuner

View Profile Email
Re: About battery life
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 12:23:48 AM »

Ok guys
what you guys say i think is right 
but also Bill Gates said the truth
Oncetime my zune stayed playing for about 14 hours!!
inflamesfan018
zune commando

jesterheads united

inflamesfan018@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »

i never knew that, thanks guys

You taught my heart, a sense i never knew i had, i can't forget the times that i was lost and depressed from the awful truth, how do you do it, you're my Heroine
You won't leave me alone, chisel my heart out of stone, i give in every time.
Tara
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

I only tested the battery life once but I went to bed and watched a lot of photos I had just dowloaded, then switched to music and went to sleep with it on, it still had 1/3 battery life left in the morning, I was in bed a good 10 between watching photos, then sleeping, I was impressed with the battery life.  Smiley
scoutflyer
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 08:23:25 PM »

This is true only to a certain degree, in fact it was so obvious that i didn't bother mentioning this fact. But it only affects it so much. People getting 4 hours of audio obviously have something wrong. You wouldn't expect a car with EPA 30 miles to get 15 regular, maybe 25-27. my 2 cents.
Loiselle
zune dog

turning the Gears of War

BMLBoss429 BMLBoss429
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »

My battery life is absolutely awful... 6-7 hours on full charge...

FIX THIS MICROSOFT!

RageKage
zune trooper

Brown Zune Owner

kooladeguy@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 08:29:26 PM »

What settings are you using?

Cobija
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 08:45:43 PM »

Yea i got the same problem.
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 10:49:02 AM »

Your battery life depends on how you're using your player. If you're just playing a music playlist, and not doing a lot of song selection, volume adjustment, and other player actions, you should get good battery life.

The more you're using features, or playing videos, radio, etc, the lower your battery life will be.

Battery life in tests I've run seem to be comparable to iPod.

surfnc25
zune dog

"when the surf's good nobody works"

srfwilm
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 05:10:38 AM »

After reading through this thread I can't figure out whether or not I should return my Zune and go for another one or just stick with this one.  I have owned my Zune for about 2 weeks now and have really only had it playing for an hour to hour & half straight and the battery goes down quick.  For instance I can charge it at work for hours and then go to the gym within 30 mins of playing music or radio the battery life has dropped to almost half.  Once it gets to around half it will stay in that area for a while but then I'm usually turning it off 45 mins later when I go home.  I'm just worried about being on a play for 3 hours and trying to watch a movie and the battery going out completely.  Any suggestions as to what I should do, I still have the receipt but am I going to face the same issue with a new Zune or is it just trial and error.  Thanks
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 07:13:10 AM »

You may be okay - let it run down the battery to a single bar or so before you recharge it - to see roughly just how long your actual battery life is.

I have heard that this also helps to "train" the battery indicator to know how much juice is left in your battery.

surfnc25
zune dog

srfwilm
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 06:23:01 PM »

Ok I ran a test tonight with my Zune.  I have The Departed synced to my Zune which is a 2 hours and 30 mins long.  I had a full battery when I started the movie and just sat it down to let it run the entier movie with a few pauses here and there just to see how long the movie had left.  The battery completely drained after 2 hours and 25 mins giving the message of Low Battery.  Now that is no where near the 13 hour mark that microsoft potrays so now I'm getting concerned whether or not to keep the Zune or sell it on ebay and get a video Ipod or go for another Zune.  I think the Zune will be ok when I'm at the gym for an hour or so listening to music but the whole point was to get a media player I could watch movies on when I travel.  What suggestions can anyone give me on what route to take, keep the Zune I have or try to return it and get another one (might already be past my return grace period of 14 days).  HELP!!!!!!
Jander
zune rockstar

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 11:17:40 PM »

Quote from: surfnc25 on March 06, 2007, 06:23:01 PM
Ok I ran a test tonight with my Zune.  I have The Departed synced to my Zune which is a 2 hours and 30 mins long.  I had a full battery when I started the movie and just sat it down to let it run the entier movie with a few pauses here and there just to see how long the movie had left.  The battery completely drained after 2 hours and 25 mins giving the message of Low Battery.  Now that is no where near the 13 hour mark that microsoft potrays so now I'm getting concerned whether or not to keep the Zune or sell it on ebay and get a video Ipod or go for another Zune.  I think the Zune will be ok when I'm at the gym for an hour or so listening to music but the whole point was to get a media player I could watch movies on when I travel.  What suggestions can anyone give me on what route to take, keep the Zune I have or try to return it and get another one (might already be past my return grace period of 14 days).  HELP!!!!!!

Don't sweat it. That 13 hours is based on music playback, not video playback. In fact watching a movie full on should drain the battery in about 3-4 hours. That's normal. Same thing applies to picture viewing, it drains the battery quicker than music playback. A real test for ya would be to play music, without doing a thing to your Zune overnight or something, and see how it fares then.

But try spreading the battery's legs a bit by allowing the battery to drain out completely and then recharge to full.

"The features of Zune are better than iPod for many people. The features of iPod are better than Zune for many people. We're debating over preference - something any two people may see differently."
-Palmer Deville
surfnc25
zune dog

srfwilm
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 05:42:28 AM »

actually the movie was only 2 hours 30 mins long and the started off with a full battery and by the end it was all the way drained.  I know it says 3-4 hours on video playback but I really don't believe that.  When I go to bed tonight I will let the muisc play on shuffle overnight to see if it is drained by the morning.  Thanks for the advice.
Efureyous
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 10:40:53 AM »

I started work at 7:00 and as soon as I sit at my desk I hit the shuffle play. It's now 1:38 and my battery indicator is only half full ( and I took a 45 min lunch)
surfnc25
zune dog

srfwilm
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 05:17:31 AM »

OK guys and gals, I ran another test last night on my Zune battery life.  Around 8pm I turned on the Zune to the music section and put it on shuffle because I really don't have many playlists created.  I continued to watch TV and went to bed around 11pm and checked the battery life out.  It was already down to a little below half so I just let it run to complete the test.  I was lying in bed about to fall asleep and thought of something, I have had my display backlight set to stay on all the time instead of shutting off after 30 seconds or so.  So I got up and set the backlight to shut off after 30 seconds thinking that would help but it could have already been to late considering I was playing music for almost 4 hours with the light just lit up.  Anyway when I got up this morning around 7:30am and checked the Zune all I got was exclamation point so the battery did drain withing 13 hours.  Now I really have no way of knowing if lasted for 11 hours or 12 hours or did it shut off after 6 hours, who knows.  I'm charging it now while I'm at work to a full battery life and I will run another test tonight with the new backlight setting of 30 seconds.  I really think the backlight could play a major role in the battery life just like the WiFi setting (which mine is off).  Any other helpful hints of how to keep my settings to perserve battery life.  Thanks again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: About battery life « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans