Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2007, 02:56:01 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zunerama Last.fm group « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Zunerama Last.fm group  (Read 2736 times)
zune520
zune n00bie

View Profile
Re: Zunerama Last.fm group
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »

Thanks for the help! Right now I'm just listening to my music on iTunes, but I'd really rather be able to use the Zune software, so I might mess around with that later.

We need some more people to join! Only four members to go before we can start seeing what other Zune owners are listening to. Come on, forum-goers... do it for the team.
Jander
zune rockstar

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 11:31:51 AM »

Well I noticed today we've got some charts listed. But we're still sitting at 11.  Cry

Hopefully the Zune team will open it up for plug ins so we can scrobble tracks w/ the Zune software. Seems to be a big setback for many of us. Which sucks because last.fm is a great service. I have read in another section on last.fm about a 360 dev who said she'd make sure the Zune team get their butts in gear and implement last.fm support. So there's hope.

"The features of Zune are better than iPod for many people. The features of iPod are better than Zune for many people. We're debating over preference - something any two people may see differently."
-Palmer Deville
RageKage
zune trooper

Brown Zune Owner

kooladeguy@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 02:46:14 PM »

I'll sign up, but you won;t see any of my music until they allow Zune support.

fireboy
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 10:27:49 PM »

Just joined the group right now.
I've been using winamp as well.

Jander
zune rockstar

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 10:33:19 PM »

Holy music gods, we're just two shy, and then we're golden till the plug in is supported. Thanks for the adds guys  Cool

"The features of Zune are better than iPod for many people. The features of iPod are better than Zune for many people. We're debating over preference - something any two people may see differently."
-Palmer Deville
Sw0rdf1sh
zune commando

Mmmmyesss?

sw0rdf1shX
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 06:12:13 AM »

14 now.

Jander
zune rockstar

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 11:36:01 AM »

Quote from: Sw0rdf1sh on February 15, 2007, 06:12:13 AM
14 now.

One more, say it with me, one more!

-Palmer Deville
rerush
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 01:51:25 PM »

15. Wink
mikebergy
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »

I joined... Smiley
Jander
zune rockstar

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 06:18:22 PM »

Awesome.  Now alls we need to do is start scrobbling tracks via alternative players until the Zune team integrates plug in support.  It'll be cool over the year(s) to see our musical taste displayed

-Palmer Deville
loomis
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 07:44:24 PM »

I joined as well.  Downloaded the software and am not really sure what I'm doing.  It said that it can "scrobble" through my media player.  I notice that when I play a song, the info pops up in the Last.fm screen.  Is that scrobbling?? 

a href="http://www.last.fm/user/loomis88/?chartstyle=Morrison">[/url]
Jander
zune rockstar

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 08:05:16 PM »

Quote from: loomis on February 15, 2007, 07:44:24 PM
I joined as well.  Downloaded the software and am not really sure what I'm doing.  It said that it can "scrobble" through my media player.  I notice that when I play a song, the info pops up in the Last.fm screen.  Is that scrobbling?? 

Yup, that's "scrobbling".  Basically it's tracking what you're playing and cataloging it over time to track your listening habits which in turn, last.fm develops an understanding of what you like and then you can listen to a customized streaming radio which plays songs you may like based on your listening habits.

That answer your question?

-Palmer Deville
loomis
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 08:32:42 PM »

Yes, thanks.  I've been playing around on there and I think I get the basics.  I wasn't letting the song play long enough before.  I don't understand the charts and top artists yet though.  I only played one song and it's listed on my top artists, but another artist isn't listed even though I played 3 or 4 songs.  Oh, well, I'll figure it out.  Cool idea though.  I already found a couple of new bands to give a listen.

a href="http://www.last.fm/user/loomis88/?chartstyle=Morrison">[/url]
Jander
zune rockstar

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 08:36:30 PM »

Quote from: loomis on February 15, 2007, 08:32:42 PM
Yes, thanks.  I've been playing around on there and I think I get the basics.  I wasn't letting the song play long enough before.  I don't understand the charts and top artists yet though.  I only played one song and it's listed on my top artists, but another artist isn't listed even though I played 3 or 4 songs.  Oh, well, I'll figure it out.  Cool idea though.  I already found a couple of new bands to give a listen.

Music discovery is one of the best aspects of last.fm.  Cool stuff.  One you get your profile settled in with a bunch of songs scrobbled, you can do the whole streaming radio thing. I personally like to look up a good artist I know, then start to branch out by clicking on similar artists and listening to their stuff.  Found a bunch of new music that way. If ya have any questions, just ask.

-Palmer Deville
dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 11:41:07 PM »

another good site for that is pandora.com

i should start listening to more music on my computer now that we have 15 members in the group. (i've been plugging my zune into my 360)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zunerama Last.fm group « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans