Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2007, 02:55:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zunerama Last.fm group « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Zunerama Last.fm group  (Read 2736 times)
Jander
zune rockstar

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
Zunerama Last.fm group
« on: January 27, 2007, 11:55:56 PM »

Hey, I started a Zunerama last.fm group for any last.fm users that might be interested.  For those who've never heard, or don't know much about last.fm go Here There's tons of info for you to get started.  Basically what is nifty about having a last.fm group is once we get going, we'll be able to see what all our musical tastes are as a community, which will then help us discover new stuff based on user's recommendations and individual profiles.  Right now last.fm's audioscrobbler doesn't work with Zune's Software, hopefully the Zune team will open it up to third party apps soon. I use mediamonkey to scrobble my tracks via the winamp plugin. But anyway, thought it might be interesting to see what music all of us like as a whole.

The link below goes right to the group. If you've got an account, just click the join group link below the Zunerama pic.

Zunerama last.fm group

"The features of Zune are better than iPod for many people. The features of iPod are better than Zune for many people. We're debating over preference - something any two people may see differently."
-Palmer Deville
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Re: Zunerama Last.fm group
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:03:47 AM »

Cool, I'm going to check this out today! Heard a lot of about Last.fm but never tried it before.

dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 09:32:54 PM »

bump. this is a great idea. and once zenses gets ironed out, this'll be perfect!

Jander
zune rockstar

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 09:49:05 PM »

Quote from: dr1v3thru on January 30, 2007, 09:32:54 PM
bump. this is a great idea. and once zenses gets ironed out, this'll be perfect!

The social aspect of what last.fm is all about and the Zune's social features just seem to be meant for each other don't they?  I really hope we see some sort of marriage take place between last.fm and the Zune in the near future.

As for the group, thanks for kicking this up dr1v3thru. Right now I'm still the only member, I can't be the only last.fm user up in here!  Shocked

"The features of Zune are better than iPod for many people. The features of iPod are better than Zune for many people. We're debating over preference - something any two people may see differently."
-Palmer Deville
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 10:58:45 PM »

I just signed up, and joined the Zunerama group. This looks really interesting. Thanks for setting it up, Jander. I look forward to exploring and learning more about it.

I'll sticky this for a few days to keep it visible.

dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 11:28:24 PM »

no prob. either you missed it, or i messed up when i joined the group but i joined as well. i can't wait till 15 members join up so we could have an overall chart for the group. i have to be honest though, my chart isn't up to date since i've stopped listening to music on my computer lately.

Jander
zune rockstar

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 11:58:47 PM »

I'll sticky this for a few days to keep it visible.

Ah good, thanks Harv! Hopefully we'll be able to lure our initial 15 to start our charts while this is up for a couple days...and maybe tempt a few new users to sign up. <nudge nudge 2000+ 'rama users>
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 12:07:36 AM by Jander » Logged

-Palmer Deville
inflamesfan018
zune commando

jesterheads united

inflamesfan018@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 08:57:13 AM »

i signed up, but i don't have any information because i also just became a member and have not dowloaded the software just yet, but i will have some soon. thanks for making the group Jander, we can get those 15 members easy

You taught my heart, a sense i never knew i had, i can't forget the times that i was lost and depressed from the awful truth, how do you do it, you're my Heroine
You won't leave me alone, chisel my heart out of stone, i give in every time.
Trastan
zune commando

Find me on XBox Live!

animasaki@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:13:24 PM »

Haha, I signed up, downloaded the software, installed, and realized that it doesn't work with the Zune software. Oops.  Cheesy

Well, no Last.fm for me for now. Need a Zune plugin, stat!

inflamesfan018
zune commando

jesterheads united

inflamesfan018@yahoo.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 03:09:53 PM »

does it not work with the zune software? i hope it does, i was hopin to see everyone's most played's, oh well, i hope it works soon, if not already

You taught my heart, a sense i never knew i had, i can't forget the times that i was lost and depressed from the awful truth, how do you do it, you're my Heroine
You won't leave me alone, chisel my heart out of stone, i give in every time.
Jander
zune rockstar

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 06:31:09 PM »

Quote from: Trastan on January 31, 2007, 01:13:24 PM
Haha, I signed up, downloaded the software, installed, and realized that it doesn't work with the Zune software. Oops.  Cheesy

Well, no Last.fm for me for now. Need a Zune plugin, stat!

Trastan/all, just use MediaMonkey or Winamp to play music for now while we wait for some plug in support. I rarely play music on Zune's software, just use it to sync. So I scrobble with MM.

Here's a little tutorial for getting winamp's plug in working w/ Mediamonkey:

This is for the latest version of the last.fm player and the latest version of the Winamp scrobbler.

On the last.fm player click on "tools" and then select "Get plugin"
click "next" and then click "Add..."

Choose "Winamp" in the dropdown box and then browse to your MediaMonkey folder.
Highlight the MediaMonkey.exe executable and click "Open" then click "Ok"

That's it.

You should now be able to scrobble with MediaMonkey and when you're playing your tracks through MediaMonkey the relevant info will be displayed in the "Now Playing" tab of the last.fm player.

Hope that helps. We're sitting at 6 members so far, 9 more to go!

-Palmer Deville
globe91skate
zune trooper

I spilled the pea's..ssshhhh don't tell.

globe91skate
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 07:39:23 PM »

Make that seven members.
Sw0rdf1sh
zune commando

Mmmmyesss?

sw0rdf1shX
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 05:37:37 AM »

I just got back in town from Business and got a sick kid.  I'll probably get a chance to sign up today and check out what plugin's will work now (you mentioned winamp)...hopefully Zune will work with it soon.

zune520
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »

I've got the profile and am trying to figure out the Winamp plugin thing. Unfortunately, I'm apparently not as computer-literate as I thought. Could someone give me some n00b-friendly help? I downloaded the winamp plugin but don't understand where to go from there. Thanks!
Jander
zune rockstar

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 10:25:41 PM »

Quote from: zune520 on February 01, 2007, 06:28:17 PM
I've got the profile and am trying to figure out the Winamp plugin thing. Unfortunately, I'm apparently not as computer-literate as I thought. Could someone give me some n00b-friendly help? I downloaded the winamp plugin but don't understand where to go from there. Thanks!

You can also just play music using WMP (try downloading WMP11), and scrobble tracks that way. If you'd rather use winamp, just download here (http://www.winamp.com/) and scrobble away.  Go with either way you'd like.  If you want to use a player like Mediamonkey I've already posted info on how to get it working with the winamp plugin.  That help? I can go pretty in depth step by step if you'd like.

PS 11 members! 4 more to go and we''ll get those charts up and going!

-Palmer Deville
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., pulse, Jander)  |  Topic: Zunerama Last.fm group « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans