Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 19, 2007, 09:13:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderator: Zunerama Ed.)  |  Topic: Dumb Question - Perhaps? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dumb Question - Perhaps?  (Read 169 times)
f5joe
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
Dumb Question - Perhaps?
« on: January 24, 2007, 10:17:40 AM »

I bought an external hard drive to store mp3's and photography. 

Here's my question.  I've loaded a lot of mp3's on this hard drive.  I want to select certain folders/albums to sync into my Zune.  While in the Zune software, how do I select and pull selected folders/albums/songs from the external hard drive.

I'm struggling with this.  Thanks for any help.

HellboyOne
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
Re: Dumb Question - Perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 10:50:29 AM »

All my mp3s and videos are also on an external.  I just drag and drop songs from the external to the Zune library.  I make it a little easier by having a shortcut folder on my desktop that corresponds with the folder on the external.

Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 11:54:59 AM »

Hellboy is right, for manually syncing those songs.

You can also add your external drive's folders to the watch list - the set of folders that Zune software automatically monitors when you're using Automatic Sync (the default way of syncing).

To add those folders, go to Sync Options - More Options - and click on the Monitor Folders button. You can then add your external drive's folder.

From then on, any changes you make to the contents of your external drive will be reflected on your player next time you sync.

blindskater
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 12:36:50 PM »

i dont understand how to use an exeternal? you just connect it and than when it says where to save a song your downloading off the web you select that?
f5joe
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 01:20:34 PM »

Thanks for the help.  I'll give it a go tonight.

The drag 'n drop appeals to me a lot.
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 01:35:43 PM »

Quote from: blindskater on January 24, 2007, 12:36:50 PM
i dont understand how to use an exeternal? you just connect it and than when it says where to save a song your downloading off the web you select that?

You could do that - by changing the default folder that downloaded songs are saved to.

But, you could also just use it as a backup area for your ripped or downloaded song collection, and drag-and-drop music from it to your Zune - - while still having your newly downloaded music (from Zune Marketplace) get stored on your local (C:) hard drive.

Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderator: Zunerama Ed.)  |  Topic: Dumb Question - Perhaps? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

ZuneList.com - The Best Sites about Zune Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans