Zunerama logo   
News: Check out the Zune FAQ

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2009, 11:54:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we have a list of completely free converters?  (Read 11817 times)
Veetus
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 02:42:04 PM »

Quote from: cohoman on January 12, 2008, 10:09:25 PM
Quote from: themasterof16 on November 29, 2007, 08:39:28 PM

Quote from: daboma on September 16, 2007, 09:35:47 AM
those are all on for free trials.  I frankly hate the fact that it is so difficult to convert videos to my zune.  I have never been able to do it simply.  does anyone know of a good FREE converter that i don't have to pirate to use fully?

nothin in this world is free so buy a zune converter an stop wasting your time looking for a free converter

Oh, but there are lots of free converters available that will do the job just fine. Here a few to look at:

1) Microsoft Windows Media Encoder 9 (recommended by Microsoft for converting video files for the Zune).

2) MediaCoder

3) Handbrake

4) WM Converter 2

I've tested all four, and they all do the job. My personal preference is (1).

For Windows Media Encoder 9 that you recommended....do you have any good suggestions for settings while converting?
tickster77
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
Re: Can we have a list of completely free converters?
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 09:23:48 PM »

Quote from: Blonderator on February 12, 2007, 07:07:06 PM
I use Videora iPod Converter.

Works great for me. Except that it converts to .mp4, then the Zune software has to convert the .mp4 to .wmv. That second part takes awhile.

I personally use dvd dycrypter to rip dvds then convert them with videora ipod converter, (the itouch second gen. one, because it displays the movie full size of my screen) and the quality is crisp. although dvd dycrypter has failed on me very few times...

you can go to  http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/guide/dvd-to-ipod/ and this explains how to do it with pictures and stuff. try it.
Quote from: Blonderator on February 12, 2007, 07:07:06 PM
I use Videora iPod Converter.

Works great for me. Except that it converts to .mp4, then the Zune software has to convert the .mp4 to .wmv. That second part takes awhile.
ZekeSulastin
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2009, 05:39:53 PM »

I'm going to lean towards MediaCoder, since unlike just about everything else it actually has pretty decent support for soft subtitles.

This is a REALLY big deal for me; I'm sure you can figure why just by looking at my zunecard ...

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List