Zunerama logo   
News: Find Zune accessories

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2013, 03:02:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Download: DVD rippers and video conversion software  (Read 77278 times)
nlkccom
lil zuner

View Profile Email
Re: Download links - DVD rippers and video conversion software
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2007, 10:19:25 AM »

I use Cucusoft and it's working great!  I tried many free converter, but none of them works as smoothly as Cucusoft.  Very simple to use.  $40 well spent.

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »

Quote from: yumajoker on February 06, 2007, 10:05:37 AM
Listen guys,

I am new here and I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I really must comment. I want to buy the Avex software. But it's a download, not a cd. I would prefer to go to the store and buy my software. Why? Because if my download goes awry, I am hosed. Oh, but wait! If I pay an additional 7 bucks, I can get a one year insurance on my download. Uh, excuse me? I should not have to pay to re-download something I already paid for. Oh, sure, you can get a cd sent to you for an additional 13 bucks. What? C'mon, people. I am trying to support software that I use, but when they make it blatantly obvious that their price structure is retarded, I have to ask why not use a hacked version for free?
When I can get what I want, I spend the money, and LOTs of it. How about someone getting real with their software selling structure?

I'm not sure if this will reassure you or not, but I buy a lot of my software through download-only means, and - I guess because I've never had a download failure - it has never become a cause of concern for me.

In fact, with Cucusoft and I'm sure others, with your purchase you get a registration name and an unlock code. If you have download problems, or if your system crashes, or if you have to reformat your computer, you simply reinstall, and re-enter your registration info and the software is unlocked for you.

It's quite an efficient way to purchase software, and in my experience at least, I have not missed having the physical CD or the box.

I've copied below some related info from the Cucusoft FAQ:

8.I have purchased Cucusoft DVD to Zune Converter. What happens if I format my computer or my system crashes?
With the current version of Cucusoft DVD to Zune Converter, the Reg Name & Code does not change if you format your computer or your system crashes. Therefore, your unlock code is still valid, and you should not need new registration information,You only backup your regname & reg code. You  also can go to our website http://support.cucusoft.com to retrieve the latest full version and the reg code.

passmy
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 11:18:02 PM »

Avex DVD-to-Zune - A One-click, All-in-One solution to create Zune movies from DVDs, TV shows and home videos .
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:03:47 PM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged
case-man
zune n00bie

Accessories for zune, iPhone, iPod and smart-phone

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 07:43:36 PM »

From day 1 of our zune life I searched for DVD to Zune converters.  I downloaded a few trial versions and ripped a few DVD's before deciding which one to buy.  I based my decision on convertion time (CPU capacity) number of scenes, input information and price.

In the end I did buy MadZ and have not been disappointed in it.  The only grip i would have is the authorization process for credit card verification, but technically I like this product.

Highly recommended.

ShinobiAaron
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 05:36:53 PM »

Are there any where the trial program doesnt leave a watermark?
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 11:23:40 PM »

As far as I know, any of the purchaseable packages have either watermarks, or are limited to very short conversion times (e.g. 30-second conversions).

There are free alternatives - see the How To board for Super - but otherwise you'll need to buy the package to get a full conversion without the watermark.

namsiuH
zune trooper

Power_to_the_misfits@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
Re: Download: DVD rippers and video conversion software
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 11:39:55 AM »

I use winavi to convert video's. in my opinion it's very good (also a bit slow, although I can't really compare).

"As long as there is one smoldering ember on the barbecue of justice, you can still cook a mighty steak of victory!"
Bigbryank
zune n00bie

Hey Y'all Watch this!!!

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2007, 06:26:26 AM »

PocketDivxEncoder isn't bad for a Freebie!!!

It actually works for about any thype of Video Encodding...

http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/

LIFE SHOULD NOT BE A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTIONS OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN ATTRACTIVE AND WELL PRESSURED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN
SIDEWAYS, FRIED PORK RINDS ONE HAND, COLD BEER IN THE OTHER, BODY THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT AND SCREAMING "WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 10:27:05 PM »

The problem with PocketDivXEncoder - it doesn't rip DVDs, and it doesn't appear to convert to .wmv's - - which is needed for Zune compatibility.

kyleegbert
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 02:06:03 PM »

I would like to let everyone know about the FREE video encoder Microsoft publishes.  It is called "Windows Media Encoder" (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx).  It does have a bit of a learning curve, but just follow Microsoft's recommendations on the specifications (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932614)to use and it works like a charm.  I have tried several programs that have not worked, took a long time, or produced unsynced output.  This was the only one that actually worked for me.  Use it in combination with the "K-Lite Codec Pack Full" (http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/KLite_Codec_Pack_Full/1094057842/3) or if you're on Vista (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/Advanced-Vista-Codec-Package.shtml).  If you have AVIs to convert (most torrents), then this is a wonderful way to produce high quality videos for the Zune that don't need to be converted again durring sync.  I am still working on the best/free method for converting DVDs to Zune...

Hope this helps...
harryarnold
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2007, 06:29:24 PM »

Check out these Zune Video Converters!
desteele
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »

I have a copy of the Aimersoft DVD Ripper that will convert to just about any format.  Used it to shrink down "Shooter" for my first video load, and it worked wonderfully on it's preset Zune setting.

Got it free from giveawayoftheday.com but it'd be worth the money if you bought it.

http://www.aimersoft.com/dvd-ripper.html

cik365
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2007, 10:17:42 PM »

Does SUPER rip dvds?
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007, 10:21:29 PM »

No, Super is a media converter but does not rip from DVDs.

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 03:49:11 PM »

Just updated OP with new version of dvdXsoft

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List