Zunerama logo   
News: Have you seen our Zune Buyer's Guide?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 21, 2013, 03:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune Marketplace will no longer support rental and purchase  (Read 699 times)
Mockers
zune rockstar

Zune 120: 90% full

View Profile
Zune Marketplace will no longer support rental and purchase
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:31:52 AM »

I got the email from Microsoft on Friday. Bummer. We knew it would happen, but it is still like a stake in my heart. It spells the beginning of the end of Zune Software. Here is the whole message:

Earlier this year, we announced that we are bringing local currency to Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles. This change was a direct result of customer feedback.

Starting as early as August 22nd, Microsoft Points will be retired and will no longer be supported by the Zune service.

You can continue to rent and purchase content on Xbox Music and Xbox Video stores with the payment options available in your region. For more information on where you can access these stores, please visit xbox.com/music and xbox.com/video.

You will still be able to use Zune to stream unlimited music with your Xbox Music Pass and enjoy playback of the music, movies, and TV shows in your personal collection. For more information on these changes, please visit http://www.Xbox.com/zune. However, you will no longer be able to rent or buy TV, movie, or music content on Zune Marketplace. We encourage you to spend your Microsoft Points balance prior to this change.

For more information about Microsoft Points retiring, please visit http://www.xbox.com/pointsfaq.

Sincerely,
The Xbox Music & Video Team

tbird
zune rockstar

Enjoying the space of the 120

View Profile
Re: Zune Marketplace will no longer support rental and purchase
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:53:16 AM »

Yeah got the same message...But as usual with "ms" its confusing as hell. What I understand is if you still have the Zune pass you will still be able to use your 10 credits each month on the Zune site, right? But what I don't understand is can you still buy music for your Zune on the xbox site? Will your pass points be good there? Will the pass points still work on my 120, or do I have to have an HD device.
Yeah I knew this would eventually happen as well, but it still really ticks me off.
I just got my new points for this month...Going to see how it works, but honestly if I run into any problems I am going to cancel my Pass and just start ripping bought cd's into my device. That should put the fear of God into "ms" right?  Grin
Does anyone know are there other ways (ie services) to get music into a Zune device.

Brandycat
zune commando

English as Threepence

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »

Hi Mockers and TBird, I waited until after the 22nd to add to this post.

I haven't as yet received an email from MS regarding this, and today (24th) when opening Zune software, I see I can still download and purchase, (if I want) music. I also have the option to buy points too....

It might be because I live in the UK, but that can't be, because I have a US account (set up in CA)

so I dunno??

Mockers
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:41:03 AM »

Oh dang, I forgot when it was expiring, and I still had some Microsoft points to use. I'll have to try tonight to see if I can still use them. I think it was almost $20 worth of points.

tbird
zune rockstar

Enjoying the space of the 120

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 10:28:21 AM »

Still managed to use the ones I had left over last night (Sept 8th)

Mockers
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 12:43:43 PM »

Quote from: tbird on September 09, 2013, 10:28:21 AM
Still managed to use the ones I had left over last night (Sept 8th)

My points are gone. They gave me $4.00 in real spendable credit for them. Better than a punch in the face, I guess.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List