Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 15, 2013, 05:14:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune Pass loyalty pays off  (Read 255 times)
Bond007
zune master

View Profile
Zune Pass loyalty pays off
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »

I was a loyal Zune Pass subscriber for a very long time. In fact I started my subscription around the early days of Zune. I decided to cancel my Zune pass subscription a few months ago because I realized that I was not really taking advantage of it anymore and I listen to podcasts more than I listen to music now. I have become a podcast addict. Anyway I have been playing music I have rented over the years with Zune Pass and was surprised that the music was playing with no restrictions. All the music rented from Zune Pass was not wiped off my Zune or the Zune software even after syncing my device several times. Now I have music albums and songs that take people months or years to collect on my device that I can listen to whenever I want Cool

It would have cost me a fortune over the years to keep all the albums and music I have on my device if I paid for them individually like in iTunes. So if you have been a loyal Zune pass subscriber and decide to cancel you might get fortunate by getting to keep all your content.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:21:23 PM by Bond007 » Logged

Brandycat
zune commando

English as Threepence

View Profile
Re: Zune Pass loyalty pays off
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 04:14:11 AM »

Hello Mr Bond!
that is strange indeed, usually they won't play after de-registration; when the date inbed in the usage rights, runs out after about a month

I guess you are safe here to bring this to light, after all this place is pretty empty nowadays Sad

I still come back here every now and again.

I changed my subscription to the best value, without the song credits and only 4 devices, works fine. On another matter, If I decide to buy music in zune  marketplace on my W phone 7.8, it shows up in my xbox music collection on my W8 laptop even without syncing

anyway, have fun with your music and podcasts!
cheers, Dave

Bond007
zune master

View Profile
Re: Zune Pass loyalty pays off
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »

My songs may also still be playing because I still have the original Zune software syncing my Zune. You know the one with the original Zune logo not the Xbox logo. I rarely sync my windows phone with the software unless required because I can do pretty much everything on my phone without interacting with the software very much. I have not been forced to download or upgrade to the new Xbox music software. The only time my computer realizes that I have an old software or recommends me upgrading to the new Xbox music software is when I sync my Windows phone  and the upgrade is optional. As long as I have the old Zune software I can still sync my Zune content without being forced to upgrade to the Xbox music software.

I guess this is what happens when Microsoft stops production of Zune. Maybe the music license registration for previous Zune pass subscriptions is different than Xbox music pass subscription license, which could explain why the software does not renew the music gathered during my Zune pass days and lets me keep them on my device forever. Anyway I personally think loyal Zune pass subscribers should get to keep a majority of their music especially when the Zune pass subscription used to be more than the Xbox music subscription at $15 a month, but there were a few perks like there used to be free songs and downloads each month in the Zune marketplace for a while.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:14:06 PM by Bond007 » Logged

Bond007
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »

My Zune Pass info finally needs to be refreshed for my music to play  Sad Oh well it was fun while it lasted Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List