Zunerama logo   
News: Check out the Zune FAQ

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2013, 04:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need installation software for zune 120gb  (Read 1026 times)
ballina
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
need installation software for zune 120gb
« on: August 28, 2012, 02:48:29 PM »

I cannot find a installation cd for my zune 120gb.  I had put zune and paperwork to the side a few years ago and now my husband wants to use it.  Since then I have switched to a new computer with new hard drives.  The old drive that had zune on it is now a slave drive I use to store data.  I found some of the installation files in the program file section under the old vista 32 byte dr. but think I need the .exe to recreate all the zune files.   Plus I'm on windows 7 64 byte now.  Do  you have a download to recreate Zune on my husbands computer and do you have a user guide that more detailed then the little black booklet that came with it?  I have a serial number if you need it.  My husband is still using a windows xp laptop if that helps at all.  If you have a windows 7 64 byte too that would help as I can let him use my newer laptop that is windows 7 64 byte.  He wants to add mp3's to the zune.

Thanks
Rose
Brandycat
zune commando

English as Threepence

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 02:28:22 PM »

Hi Rose,
welcome to the forum!

I don't think the Zune devices came with any installation cd's. You need to download the Zune Software from Zune.net to your Husbands laptop, then just plug the 120 device in the USB port, and the software should recognize it.
It should come up with messages telling you to 'name you Zune' etc, and run you through what to do.
Incidentally, I have the Zune software running on an XP laptop and a WP7 64 with no problem

Then he can put music on the device from say a cd, just rip the cd using the Zune software, and then sync it to the Zune.
If you have a Zune Pass, then you can download from the Marketplace section on the software and sync that music too.

hope this helps, I'm afraid that not many people post anymore here, and there are probably people out there who can answer your questions more succinctly.

have fun!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List