Zunerama logo   
News: Register to join Zunerama forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2012, 07:25:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Zune will only play 2 seconds of music then hangs up  (Read 223 times)
CO2IsHot
lil zuner

View Profile
New Zune will only play 2 seconds of music then hangs up
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:38:54 AM »

My old Zune 80 died. I was able to purchase a New Old Zune 80 on eBay. It would not start, I suspected the battery was toast. I sent it up to ABC Zune Repair in NH and they did some troubleshooting, cleaned it, and told me the battery was history. They replaced it and sent it back. I plugged it into my PC via the sync cable and it was recognized. I copied all the music that was on the PC in my Zune collection to the new Zune. When I clicked on device, the files on the Zune and that of my collection were the same (albums and songs and file size). I disconnected the Zune from my PC and selected a song to play. When I hit the play button on the Zune the song started but after 2-3 seconds, the Zune hung up for about 20 seconds, then went back to the main menu screen. I tried several other songs, all with the same result. I erased all the content from the Zune and resyncd it and copied the music back. Still the same result. I went to my old computer (where I had started with the old Zune) and plugged it in. The Zune was recognized and I synced it and copied all the music. Again, the files matched so I removed it from the PC. Tried to play another song with the same results. I called ABC and got them on the phone. They had never heard of anything like this and guessed that maybe the hard drive is bad. When they had sent the repaired Zune to me, it had one music file and one video file on it. I played both of those files with no problem. After loading all my collection on the Zune it would only play those two files and hang up on all the rest. Anyone heard of anything like this???  One other thing, not sure if related; when I connect the Zune to my PC and click on the device icon, it immediately starts to copy all the collection music to the Zune without me even selecting it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List