Zunerama logo   
News: Have you seen our Zune Buyer's Guide?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2012, 07:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Zune 80 will not respond to anything  (Read 319 times)
CO2IsHot
lil zuner

View Profile
New Zune 80 will not respond to anything
« on: June 08, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »

I purchased a new Black Zune 80 from a guy on eBay. He said he'd bought it but never used it. I do not know how old it is, but do know that MS is out of the Zune device business. My Red Zune 80 died a few weeks ago; actually, I think I killed it when changing out the battery. So, I had the current Zune SW installed on my PC and using the old USB cable, plugged the Black one into my PC. It was not recognized. I unplugged it and connected it to my AC charger; the charging info did NOT come on. After three hours, it still would not respond. Using the help info I attempted to reset the Zune and when that still failed to get a responce, I attempted to erase all content off of it. Still nothing. Plugged it back into my PC and some more of the same. I guess it is possible, that if this device is old and the battery has never been charged, the battery may be dead with no hope of recovering. If the battery IS shot, would the Zune respond when plugged into a power source? Does anyone have any idea what I can do with this Zune to get it running?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List