Zunerama logo   
News: Zunerama: Straight talk on Microsoft Zune. Forums. News. Reviews. All things Zune.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2012, 07:26:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune and Windows XP and Windows 7  (Read 769 times)
cobrandy
zune n00bie

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:59:54 AM »

I have a Zune HD and recently (6 months) i have not been able to sync to either of my PC's. even when i download exe's my player is still not recognized anymore. anyone else experiencing this? does this mean i have to trash my HD and be relegated to IPOD...............GEEWHIZZZZZ.
charms1955
zune master

Remember: No Matter Where you Go...There You Are

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 08:27:09 PM »

Could be you need a hard reset of your Zune player. There are different button combinations that can be used to bring the player into the situation where it must be connected to the PC and Zune software to be used, much like right out of the box. Try things in this order:

1 - hold the Power button until the device restarts (about 10 seconds) this is a soft reset and will not erase your data

2 - Restore http://www.ehow.com/how_7634011_reset-zune-hd.html continue from above. This will reset the software and erase your content.

Hope this helps. I have also found I sometimes wind up with a situation where the HD has actually kept running when pocketed. in that caes, I was simply looking at a c\device that had completely discharged the battery. I needed to charge first, and then soft reset.

Wanna know my real plays? Add 15,201 to the above.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List