Zunerama logo   
News: Zunerama: Straight talk on Microsoft Zune. Forums. News. Reviews. All things Zune.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 08, 2012, 12:04:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune trying to sync videos from device to collection  (Read 507 times)
DesertZUne
zune trooper

View Profile
Zune trying to sync videos from device to collection
« on: December 02, 2011, 10:03:25 AM »

I lost some videos from my PC. I had copies on my Zune HD, so I decided to sync them backwards from the Zune to my collection. It worked for most of them, but five will not sync. This would not be a big deal if the Zune software did not try to sync them every time I plugged in the Zune - for days now. For each sync I get the same 5 files failing. I right clicked on each file marked with the error icon, and chose "exclude from future syncs." Doesn't help. Rebooting the device also did not help.

This is not worth uninstalling the re-installing the software, or clearing the device - it's a 64 with a lot of movies on it. But if anyone has any other ideas, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks.

Brandycat
zune commando

English as Threepence

View Profile
Re: Zune trying to sync videos from device to collection
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 02:31:08 AM »

I had this happening with some albums, and once it gets it into it's head that it doesn't like something; the software won't change it's mind Cheesy
but If this is bugging you, and you say losing these 5 films is no big deal, then you could always delete them from the device.

another thing, are you able to play these videos through the HD sync dock into the TV?

sorry, I can't be of more help

charms1955
zune master

Remember: No Matter Where you Go...There You Are

View Profile Email
Re: Zune trying to sync videos from device to collection
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 03:48:15 AM »

Has happend to me as well. You might go to your account through the software and check the status. If you aer talking about Zune Pass subscriptions or purchased music, you can see your history there and likely do a restore all to see about bringing them all to your collection.

If it is your personal music, you might check that the types of files the sofware will handle are all checked. I think when it is a new install or perhaps updated, not all files types are marked. It might be possible that you have some tunes in your library of different formats.

These are just wild guesses regarding some things that have happened to me. The latter I have little experience, but I do have tunes purchased through other sites that may have been in other formats as well. Any thing is worth a try!

Wanna know my real plays? Add 15,201 to the above.
DesertZUne
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:15:32 AM »

Thanks for the replys. These are videos, and they are my own. Even though they play on the Zune device, I have the feeling that something is wrong with the files - they were hard to convert in the first place (though they are perfectly legal). At some point I suppose I will just have to delete them from the device.

Sadly, I still don't have a dock  Sad

Thanks again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List