Zunerama logo   
News: Check out the Zune FAQ

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 08, 2012, 11:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got an iPhone  (Read 1746 times)
DesertZUne
zune trooper

View Profile
I got an iPhone
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:45:16 AM »

AT&T had cheap iPhone 4 refurbs. What's kind of interesting is that I am a low level gadget geek. When I get a new toy, I have to explore every facet, find out everything it can do. I have downloaded loads of apps, and I'm having fun.

What I haven't done is put one single video or one single tune on it. I adore my Zune HD64. I love the sound, the GUI, the size and weight. I love how it works with the Zune software. No temptation to move everything to the phone (not that it would have the space anyway). Nothing can beat my sexy Zune.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:39:08 PM by DesertZUne » Logged

Mockers
zune rockstar

Zune 120: 81% full

View Profile
Re: I got an iPhone
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 02:30:49 PM »

Sounds like you now have the best of both worlds. I don't want to pay any more for phone service, so I will stick with Sprint. I'm not anxious to get an iPhone, though. I will probably end up going with an Android product of some sort.

plumberry
zune dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 03:05:27 PM »

I'm loving my new Android phone. 
Jander
Global Moderator
zune overlord

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ.

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 04:01:25 PM »

I was an iPhone/Zune user for two years. Good times. Currently rocking a Windows Phone. My Zune HD has been borg'ed by my wife. She loves it. The Zune HD experience + streaming the Marketplace everywhere I am = awesome. Any of you thinking of moving on the Windows Phone land?

Mockers
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:35:09 PM »

Quote from: Jander on August 29, 2011, 04:01:25 PM
Any of you thinking of moving on the Windows Phone land?

Yes, I'm thinking of that, too. Depends on how much I'd have to pay for one versus an Android. When the time comes. Like I said, it's about a year away.

DesertZUne
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:22:31 PM »

It would have been Android for me, except for one thing: Skype. I have a daughter who just started college, and I am going to be going to Chile in about a month. I NEED to be able to call her. Skype works on some Android phones, but not others. And on those it does work on, sometimes it does not work very well. It's flawless on iPhone, and that made the decision for me.

Mom trumps geek.

Jander
Global Moderator
zune overlord

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »

Quote from: DesertZUne on August 30, 2011, 01:22:31 PM
It would have been Android for me, except for one thing: Skype. I have a daughter who just started college, and I am going to be going to Chile in about a month. I NEED to be able to call her. Skype works on some Android phones, but not others. And on those it does work on, sometimes it does not work very well. It's flawless on iPhone, and that made the decision for me.

Mom trumps geek.

Being MS just bought Skype, I'd gather the new Windows phones this year will be all skyped up.  At least that's the rumor. From what we've seen so far, it appears the leaked photos of new phones appear to have a front facing camera, and based on what we've heard so far, skype will be baked into the OS just like facebook/twitter/messenger. Should be nice and seamless. Though I'd think the earliest they'd be released would be around October. Many of them will be announced in September. I'm definitely keeping tabs on what Nokia brings to the table next year, I gots me some high expectations.

Mockers
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:16:20 PM »

I don't think DesertZune was going to wait for MS to catch up. She needed it now. I think she made the right choice. For her Skype is a necessity now.

DesertZUne
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 10:27:59 AM »

Quote from: Mockers on August 31, 2011, 08:16:20 PM
I don't think DesertZune was going to wait for MS to catch up. She needed it now. I think she made the right choice. For her Skype is a necessity now.

Yep. Normally I would be happy to wait for a device that looked interesting. But, yeah, mom needs skype NOW.

whiteone30
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »

I have a better Idea...Ditch the laggy android, and the boring IOS (that hasnt changed in design in 5 years) And Give the Windows Phone 7 a try!!! i ditched my HTC Inspire for a Samsung focus (WP7) And im in aww.

Mockers
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 08:38:43 AM »

Quote from: whiteone30 on September 12, 2011, 10:41:59 PM
I have a better Idea...Ditch the laggy android, and the boring IOS (that hasnt changed in design in 5 years) And Give the Windows Phone 7 a try!!! i ditched my HTC Inspire for a Samsung focus (WP7) And im in aww.

whiteone, can we assume that you are using AT&T? I am 1 year into a 2-year Sprint contract, and will probably stick with Sprint due to the pricing.
What do you think of the Mango upgrade? Notice anything? Likes? Dislikes?

Brandycat
zune commando

English as Threepence

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 09:20:12 AM »

Forgive the interruption Smiley.........I've not got my Mango upgrade yet, I think it's at the end of this month, but I won't hold my breath.......

has anybody got the (official) release yet??

charms1955
zune master

Remember: No Matter Where you Go...There You Are

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »

So far only developer and any early adopters who purchased the Fujitsu phone here in Japan. Seems odd that would happen like that, but once source indicates that is not the final version of Mango on that device.

Rumor has it dropping today (Sept 15), but rumors be rumors. Personally I think next week. Microsoft always does updates on Tuesdays and the 15th while the anniversary of the HD is not.

Wanna know my real plays? Add 15,201 to the above.
whiteone30
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 10:14:53 PM »

Quote from: Mockers on September 13, 2011, 08:38:43 AM
whiteone, can we assume that you are using AT&T? I am 1 year into a 2-year Sprint contract, and will probably stick with Sprint due to the pricing.
What do you think of the Mango upgrade? Notice anything? Likes? Dislikes?

They said its supposed to come out today buuuuut, nothing. Ill keep yah updated, and hopfully, Sprint will release the amazingness of WP7 soon...your really missing out.

Jander
Global Moderator
zune overlord

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 02:41:57 PM »

Quote from: whiteone30 on September 15, 2011, 10:14:53 PM

They said its supposed to come out today buuuuut, nothing. Ill keep yah updated, and hopfully, Sprint will release the amazingness of WP7 soon...your really missing out.

Sept 27th (Tues) for AT&T is the official word, other carriers will likely shortly follow.

jamiehout
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »

Quote from: DesertZUne on August 29, 2011, 10:45:16 AM
AT&T had cheap iPhone 4 refurbs. What's kind of interesting is that I am a low level gadget geek. When I get a new toy, I have to explore every facet, find out everything it can do. I have downloaded loads of apps, and I'm having fun.

What I haven't done is put one single video or one single tune on it. I adore my Zune HD64. I love the sound, the GUI, the size and weight. I love how it works with the Zune software. No temptation to move everything to the phone (not that it would have the space anyway). Nothing can beat my sexy Zune.

good for you sir, I am a cheap gadget buff myself

I need my bowtrol colon cleanse a day for my colon
whiteone30
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »

So, I know this reply is kinda late, but I've had mango for about a month now, and being such a huge fan of android, Mango is ready to go face to face with the apple. It already beats android, it just needs to go head to head with IOS. Its that amazing, if you guys can, go check it out when Nokia releases their Beastly WP7 phone in November...

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List