Zunerama logo   
News: Read the latest in our Zune blog

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 26, 2011, 11:02:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unique ways to use your Zune  (Read 753 times)
ronaldmonster
zune master

View Profile
Re: Unique ways to use your Zune
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »

Sell it to a poor sap and buy an iPod touch. Zunes a failure and it's obvious Microsoft doesn't care about the hardware anymore. They've abandoned us A LONG time ago.

No apps
No REAL updates
Not even a word that they've obviously discontinued the devices
Drones defending everything they do
Bad interface on the HD

Zune was a underdog hit with the 120 but once the HD launched...lol no.

Jander
Global Moderator
zune overlord

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ.

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 03:33:59 PM »

Quote from: ronaldmonster on September 19, 2011, 11:58:31 AM
Sell it to a poor sap and buy an iPod touch. Zunes a failure and it's obvious Microsoft doesn't care about the hardware anymore. They've abandoned us A LONG time ago.

Bad interface on the HD

Zune was a underdog hit with the 120 but once the HD launched...lol no.

You shut your filthy mouth Ron. My HD has feelings ya know. It still tackles music like Terry Tate, and leaps long long road trips with ease. The interface remains WTFawesome, and no amount of abandonment can change that. Wink The HD was the dying pinnacle of a fast fading Personal Music Player era. You drop down and give me 20 and pay the respect the HD deserves.

Seriously though, no matter how much we hound or regret what MS did with the dedicated Zune players, frankly they were introduced on the downward slope of the market as consumer friendly smartphones were about to sweep upward. Now the landscape is completely different. In terms of sheer market opportunity, the Zune services will be able to reach in magnitude roughly 8 times (if I remember correctly from hearing the figure on Windows Phone Radio earlier this year) further than they ever did with the past Zunes. They are finally global, Marketplace is reaching further into new areas, millions more are able to subscribe to a Pass. I can't fault them for jumping into a far more lucrative market, I've finally got the networked Zune I've wanted since the beginning, but I can still feel a slight amount of mourning for what the brand used to be. One thing's for sure though, I will use that HD till it plays its last song.

charms55
zune master

Remember: No Matter Where you Go...There You Are

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 10:42:27 PM »

Well put. I carry my HD every day with podcasts and music being my primary use, though my kids have discovered AudioSurf as well. I will be dumping my iPhone as soon s my contract is up for an as yet unknown WP7. My wife even asked if I was considering moving to KDDI and this is the first she seemed remotely interested.

It was odd. My wife works for Google and we had one of her colleagues over for the holiday yesterday. After the kids went to bed, what did the three of us do? We sat at the dining room table with Zune Pass streaming on my XBox 360 and Yuki drooling over my HD...She saw the plays update on screen as we cruised through searches, looked at my friends on Xbox, all of whom I met here, and looked through the browser on the HD. Even though headphones were not plugged in, she played some tunes and I pointed out those plays were showing on my profile on the XBox while we were listening to Norah Jones there. She wanted to know if she could get one here in Japan. I said no, but went through all the features available on the WP7, was aksed why I would not be getting an Android and I got very few arguments from either.

My wife has often commented that the sound on my HD, which we use in the car even though her Nano is hooked directly through Toyota's audio kit, is better than the iPod. That is through the aux in even, so the analog comes through nicer and richer than the digital from the iPhone. My HD slips nicely into my pocket in my jacket and I often argue that the bottom phone jack is far superior to the one on top of my iPhone. I'm constantly pulling that out of my way when I am trying to do things on the phone. I am often cruising to see if I can find a deal on either another 32 or an HD64. I may well jump at that, but to be honest, if I were to opt for the Fujitsu, at 32GB I could see using that for the podcasts, and dumping a few HD videos on the old HD just for yucks on the train.

I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
charms55
zune master

Remember: No Matter Where you Go...There You Are

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »

A note on the  HD UI....Far superior to any PMP. I was particularly pleased to see the search UI ported to the WP7 as it is much easier than trying to get to the small letters on the side of the iPhone. I usually know what I am looking for and simply tapping the letter and grabbing it is so easy. I still use my 80GB, though less and less, and once I scroll for a couple minutes there, with thousands of tunes becoming tedious, I would never change back. With the minimalist menus on the WP7 I will be glad to escape the "open an app" close an app "open an app" go back to the app tango of the iPhone. Can't wait for that moment when my Twitter friends, my Facebook Friends, and my business contacts become so easily accessed. I'm ready for "wow" which in spite of how much I have used it, never really happened with the iPhone.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:54:24 AM by charms55 » Logged

I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
Brandythecat
zune commando

English as Tuppence

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 12:55:45 AM »

Wow!
Excellent posts, can sum it up better than I

Mockers
zune rockstar

Zune 120: 80% full

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 07:52:18 AM »

I think the Charms55's last 2 posts should be put into some sort of Zunerama "Best Ever" folder! Well said. If anyone doubts the usefulness of a Zune, I would point to these comments.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List