Zunerama logo   
News: Check out the Zune FAQ

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2012, 07:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Panasonic AVCHD Lite Converter-Play DMC-ZS3 Video with QuickTime Player  (Read 1370 times)
brorm2tsmac
lil zuner

View Profile Email
Panasonic AVCHD Lite Converter-Play DMC-ZS3 Video with QuickTime Player
« on: May 27, 2011, 11:50:31 PM »

The Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 ($399) is the follow-up to the extremely popular DMC-TZ5. I was a big fan of the TZ5, which put a 10X zoom lens, a beautiful 3-inch LCD, and HD movie recording into a small package in AVCHD Lite format.

A couple of days ago, my family returned from Africa where we took movies/pictures with our smart awesome DMC-ZS3 camera. However, after transferring the AVCHD Lite videos to my macbook, I realized that the 720P AVCHD Lite footages couldn’t be played with QuickTime, and also can't be played on DVD. Afterwards, I am informed that I need a converter to transcode the footages first. That is to QuickTime, I should convert Panasonic AVCHD Lite to MOV, etc. As I tried the Brorsoft AVCHD Lite Converter and it worked quite well. Now, for those novices who are also confused, I’d like to show the detailed steps in the following guide.

Preparation: Connect Panasonic DMC-ZS3 camera to Mac via USB cable, import the AVCHD Lite footages to hard drive.

Step 1: Load Panasonic DMC-ZS3 AVCHD Lite footages to DMC-ZS3 AVCHD Lite Converter program.
Download and set up AVCHD Lite to MOV Converter. Run the program as the most easy-to-use Panasonic AVCHD Lite Mac Converter. Click the "Add" button on the up-left corner of top tool bar, by clicking it or dragging & dropping the video directly you can import the AVCHD Lite files to the program. Plus, multiple files are allowed to be imported altogether.

Step 2: Choose the “H.264 HD Video (*.mov)” as the output format.
In the format pop-down list, navigate mouse cursor to “H.264 HD Video (*.mov)” option in the “HD Video” section to select the output format. Then, click “Export to” for setting the destination folder which the output files belongs to.

Step 3: Set the parameters in 'settings' button
As Panasonic DMC-ZS3 HD-recording is limited to 720p/30 while the program default video size is 1080p, you should follow the customized parameters below to keep image quility:
Video Codec H.264, Size: 1280*720p, Bitrate: 8000kbps, Frame Rate: 30/29.97,
Audio Codec: AAC, Sampling rate: 48khz, Bitrate: 320kbps, Channels: Stereo.
After specified the parameters, hit “Save As” button after renaming so that next time you can apply the customized settings again. Click “Ok” after all these steps.

Step 4. Convert Panasonic DMC-ZS3 AVCHD Lite videos to MOV on Mac
Click the 'convert' button if all the settings have been done, and the Mac AVCHD Lite to MOV Converter will start the conversion from Panasonic DMC-ZS3 MTS to MOV for viewing on Mac Quicktime Player. The converting process will take you several minutes, please wait patiently. You can:
Be clear about the total achieved percentage of scheduled progress
"Pause" or "Cancel" the conversion at any time
"Shut down the computer after conversion" by ticking the box

Once all the simple steps showed above are finished, the Panasonic DMC-ZS3 MOV files are prepared for you to play with QuickTime Player on Mac. Enjoy your movies!
For more information please refer to: Play Panasonic DMC-ZS3 AVCHD Lite with QuickTime Player on Mac
brorm2tsmac
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:53:42 PM »

Brorsoft AVCHD Lite Converter for Mac is specially developed for AVCHD Lite camera users to convert not only MTS/M2TS/M2T footages but also 720p AVCHD Lite videos to iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and more similar video editing software compatible file types with least quality loss. 

The best important factor appropriates me to choose the best Panasonic AVCHD Lite Converter is as it's easy-to-use and offers a free trial before buy.  Moreover, it applies unique audio and video sync technology which can guarantee the audio and video match.

So I think it's worth to try and you can free download it before buy. For more information please refer to:
View/Read/Edit/Playback Panasonic DMC-TZ10 AVCHD Lite on Mac
Transcode Panasonic DMC-FT1 AVCHD Lite to iMovie for editing
Play Panasonic DMC-ZS3 AVCHD Lite with QuickTime Player on Mac
Import DMC-G2 AVCHD Lite to Final Cut Express on Mac

As a professional Mac AVCHD Lite Converter,Brorsoft AVCHD Lite Converter applies to the following Panasonic and Leica AVCHD Lite camra models:

Panasonic DMC-ZS3, Panasonic DMC-FT1, Panasonic DMC-TZ7, Panasonic Lumix GF1, Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2, Panasonic Limux DMC-FZ35/38, Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10/ZS7, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ75, Panasonic Limux DMC-ZX7, Panasonic Limux FZ40, Panasonic LX5, Leica D-LUX 5, Leica V-LUX 2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List