Zunerama logo   
News: Register to join Zunerama forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 08, 2012, 02:34:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune30 ( Zune 30 ) Disk Image - captured! Anyone else want it???  (Read 1068 times)
anami
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
Zune30 ( Zune 30 ) Disk Image - captured! Anyone else want it???
« on: April 23, 2011, 12:21:53 PM »

I had a working 30GB Zune and had installed a working 120GB ZIF hard drive. I can successfully do the "clearing content", then "connect to PC", and it tries to download Zune firmware but throws error C00D124D and quits. My guess is that it can't get the disk formatted. Maybe the built-in OS doesn't want to format FAT32 that large, or Huh In any case, I've seen where tech guys say there are two partitions native on the 30GB, something like 152MB and the rest of the 30GB drive on the second. Since I can pull the drive and connect it outside the Zune, how about if someone had a disk image (like Acronis True Image or the like) for the system partition. Or, could someone tell me how to add the files from the firmware CAB to a freshly formatted partition so that it would boot?  Do I need to copy the files in a particular order?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:06:32 PM by anami » Logged
anami
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »

Well, I bought a used Zune 30. I removed the drive and captured a disk image using Acronis True Image. I then imaged the second drive with that and that allowed the Zune to get past the errors and load just fine.  If anyone wanted to ask, I could load the Disk Image somewhere for others to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List